•T H I R T Y•

TREVOR'S POV
"Since when does Quinn follow Nolee on Instagram?" Adie asked as we crossed the bridge from the UP.

"I don't know. Do they even know each other?" I asked her.

"No I don't think so." She said, typing on her phone. "Have you even met her?"

"Briefly at graduation." I smiled, reflecting on the day I asked her to be my girlfriend.

"I wonder if they know each other." She questioned, focusing back on her phone.

"Maybe." I answered. I continued to drive as Adie fell asleep on my arm. We had a little less than an hour left in the drive but I let her sleep, she had driven a bit earlier so she deserves it.

I felt her steady breathing on my arm so I looked down at her. She was sleeping with a smile on her face. Honestly there is nothing I wouldn't do to make this girl smile. She has been through it all and she deserves everything, and I want to give it to her.

The most rewarding thing about dating Adie is hearing her laugh. It's the best sound in the world. When I was on a road trip I played a video of her laughing after spilling beer all over herself at the beach bar. Her laugh just brings me so much joy.

She's easy to be around and she gets along with everyone. I honestly think she could talk about grass and I would love it.

The week before we left Jamie was getting ready to fly back to Toronto so we decided to have a mini house party, just the three of us and Mason.

"Another beer would be great!" Adie smiled, leaning back against me.

"Tizzy you need anything?" Jamie giggled, using the nickname Adie had so lovingly given me when we explained to her what hockey nicknames are.

"All good here!" I shouted holding up my beer.

"Hey puff puff pass my friend." Mason said, grabbing the joint from Adie's mouth.

"That was my second puff." She responded angrily.

"Good so you got your puff puff then you pass." Mason laughed, high out of his mind.

"Jesus no more Ganja for you." Jamie said as he climbed the ladder onto the roof.

"Ha more for me!" Adie celebrated, throwing her hands up, but she did it with so much vigor that she nearly rolled off the roof.

"Alright enough for you too." I laughed, pulling her into my arms. "And I thought you didn't like beer."

"I don't." She said, looking up to me.

"Then why are you drinking it?" I asked her. She shifted so her head was on my stomach and she was laying down.

"Uhm I don't know it's good." She said inspecting the Coors can in her hand.

I laughed, my stomach moving and shaking her whole body.

"Hey stop that I'm gonna spill." She said grabbing onto my arm.

"Ok." I said trying to hold my laughter in, which didn't work, making me laugh harder.

Once I finally calmed down I looked down at her, but she was already looking up at me. The sun was setting, casting a golden shadow over her tan skin. She looks so perfect, so beautiful, in front of me, and she's mine.

"What?" She questioned, looking at me with her bright green eyes.

I am so in love with you. "Nothing." I blushed, kissing her quickly.

I could've said it that night. Maybe I should've said it that night. I was scared, I'm worried she might not feel the same way. Plus I've never been in love, how do I even know that that's how I feel.

But I know, I know I'm in love. I've been in love since last call that night back in February. Even now I know I'm in love, just feeling her gentle breath on my arm while she holds my hand and sleeps.

I turned the car onto the long driveway that led to the Hughes Lake house. There were only a few Cars here since pretty much everyone had to fly.

I looked down at Adie, still fast asleep. It kills me to wake her up, she just looks so comfortable. I gently moved her hair away from her face, then leaned in to place a kiss to her cheek.

"Adie." I spoke softly.

She began to move, opening her eyes slowly, then stretching her arms and looking around.

"Are we here?" She asked, turning to me.

"Yup!" I smiled unbuckling. "You'll love it here."

"I'm sure I will. It's so nice." She grinned, beginning to open her door.

"I think we're sleeping in the tent with Alex and Mika again so we can just leave our stuff in here." I said, leading Adie to the front of the house. I heard the voices of many of my old friends, boys I've known for years.

"Yo Z!" Matt smiled, standing from his chair, walking over to me.

"What's up buddy!" I smiled, dapping him up.

"Ad this is Matt, Matt this is Adie." I said introducing them.

"It's nice to meet you." Adie grinned, pulling Matt in for a greeting hug.

"Ad-ie!" Pat said in a sing song voice, skipping over to us.

"Patrick!" She smiled, throwing her arms around him in a hug. I felt a slight pang of jealousy in my chest, but knowing Pat he's just way way way too excited and probably forgot to take his ADHD meds today.

"Ok so you need to come meet everyone." Pat said, walking towards the group of people. I rolled my eyes, smiling and following behind him. Adie grinned over her shoulder at me, letting me know she was already having a good time.

I raised my eye brows at her, smiling myself. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun trip.

A/n I'm really excited for where this book is going, so I hope you guys are enjoying it. On a different note I'm going on a two week long trip and I can only bring a carry on... I'm literally going to have no clothes. Anyways!!! I just needed to rant lol. I hope your enjoying this book! Xx