𝑆𝑊𝐸𝐸𝑇 𝑁𝑂𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺

"What are you up to?" Gwen asked him, a smile breaking out on her face as their hands automatically intertwined with each other. She felt the coolness of his hand as she held onto him tightly; their temperatures contrasting with each other just right.

Edward's crooked smile appeared on his face, as he glanced down at her and led her forward.

"We were speaking before, about how there's been so much noise between us. We haven't had a true moment to ourselves really, since--"

"Since I was Eden?"

"Exactly, and you weren't you. Not really. And since we only have until morning together, I wanted to do something special together. It won't make up for lost time, but certainly, it can be memorable until we see each other again."

The raven-haired woman stopped walking as her gentle smile did not waver, "Edward, this is very sweet. And I do want to spend time with you. But I have to tell your family and the Pack what's happening and how we can coordinate--"

"Astoria said she would handle it" Edward said patiently, watching her face with intent. "Her and Cal, they're both going to do it together. Obviously, they know where we will be going in case they need us."

"You've just thought of everything, haven't you?"

"I'm serious about this. About us." Edward stepped forward, turning to look at her deep brown eyes, "Gwen Organa, would you go on a date with me?"

Gwen snorted, "What?"

"We've never been on one, not a proper one. Not one where there aren't interruptions or we are tied to other people, or in a life or death situation. I want to take you on a proper date. What do you say?"

The raven-haired woman couldn't help but smile at the pure simplicity of the request in the middle of all of their chaos, "I say let's do it."

————— ✦ ⁖ ✺ ⁖✦—————

They strolled through the forest, hand in hand as Gwen recounted her conversation with Bella, Jacob, Harry, Astoria, and Malfoy. She knew it wasn't 'date talk', but it was what she wanted to tell him before she left and Edward hung onto her every word as though her voice was the only one that existed.

"Though, I was surprised you didn't try and follow when I left with Jacob" Gwen mused, as she stepped on a particularly crunchy leaf. "Or tried to stop me before I left."

Edward gave her a helpless look, "I don't think anyone on this Earth could have stopped you. Magic or not."

The raven-haired woman laughed, as Edward smiled wider. He had been right about one thing, they truly had not spent one moment together where they weren't in the middle of some plan or imminent danger. Tomorrow she would be gone for who knows how long. And who knew when they would be with each other once more. She suddenly stopped smiling as the thoughts plagued her mind.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Edward asked her.

"Do you think it's possible for all of this to go like we planned?"

"I have hope in you and that we can all hope to work towards the best possible outcome."

"Mmm, you've come a long way from all the doom and gloom from before."

"You taught me to be hopeful."

Gwen smiled, he was right. They needed to remain hopeful that all of this could work out in the favor. Because if it did, it would mean a real future for them. For everyone. She always worked towards a better world, a world where they could all live and thrive. And yet, this time was different. It felt different.