𝑆𝐼𝑀𝑃𝐿𝐸 𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑂𝑆

THE REPUBLIC OF MAGIC       or       formally known as: THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC

The rays of the sun cascaded through the stained-glassed windows, showering the entirety of the office, making all of the dwellers inside to appear as though they had rainbows shinning on them for brief moments in time. If anyone were to peer into the office, they would see an Elf, three witches, and one centaur. However, with a closer look, they would see four employees and a department head engrossed in their work to provide an argument for a pro-magical species integration into the magical community.

On this particular day, the department was going over their arguments for potential problems they might run into during their hearing.

"According to your report" Cho Chang stated with such passion, that the woman was unrecognizable from her Hogwarts years. Her signature long, midnight shiny-black hair was now resting at her shoulders, as she looked lovely as ever in a periwinkle blue robe and shell-pink painted fingernails.  "You believe these Vampire's could live among us safely. We have had the Denali Coven staying in Diagon Alley for some time, no incidents have occurred. We have had them inspected by multiple departments, no incidents have occurred. They have also been feeding on Dragon's Blood, which seem to have been giving off the same effects as our known species of vampires--"

"So, what's the problem?" Astoria Balan [formally known as Astoria Greengrass] muttered to Kreacher, as he simply rolled his huge eyes at the young intern.

Gwen was sitting in the middle of the room, or--in the hot seat, being asked questions by the rest of the team, she glanced at Astoria and sighed. Astoria sniggered, as her dark short hair fluttered to her face, framing her young face in a lovely way. As Astoria laughed, her rich brown skin was briefly caught in the cascading sun, making her look rainbow-colored due to the stained-glass window. As the young intern caught Gwen's eyes, she forced herself to stop smiling. But, that really lasted only seconds.

"Look, I'm just saying" Astoria grinned cheekily, as her dark brown hair moved in an animated way as she looked upon the team. "This is going to be a slam dunk. There really is no point in preparing so much! We all know this is going to be passed."

"We're setting a precedent, Astoria" Gwen pointed out. "We're creating a way for more magical species to be able to join us. We're at a very delicate point of our society right now, trying to rebuild from what was. You should know that better than anyone, we shouldn't take our position for granted."

Gwen didn't mean to be so hard on Astoria, she was fresh-faced and one of the first class of students who had graduated from Hogwarts after the war had ended. Astoria was a Greengrass, a family from the Sacred 28. The young girl had been brought up to believe in the ideals of pureblood supremacy.

But through Astoria's time at Hogwarts, especially under the rule of Voldemort and what she saw happen to her family and the positions they put her in during the war, she turned her back on them.

Astoria was unlearning.

She was seeing the world through a fresh pair of eyes, taking brave steps to distance herself from her family, who still believed in those principles, and move forward. So, she was now Astoria Balan. Taking her mother's maiden name and hoping that in the change of name, she could change herself.

In fact, when Gwen had heard a "Greengrass" had applied for the position of being her intern, she almost denied the application until Neville had given his recommendation on the young girl. Apparently, Astoria had been showing signs of change during the war, helping hide students rebelling against Snape's rule, despite the punishments she received when caught. Despite the shame she was bringing to her family for helping Half-Bloods with their getaways and hiding them in the Slytherin bathrooms until the Carrows subsided their searches.