𝐶𝐻𝑂𝐼𝐶𝐸𝑆

"What is he doing here?" Gwen asked, confused as she remained in her seat next to Edward.

"He claims he has evidence against his father."

"And you believe him?" Gwen asked incredulously. She couldn't believe after everything, Harry would allow Draco Malfoy space to be there. How could he trust him? She felt the anger rise in her chest as she knew the answer: Harry had a soft spot for the Malfoy's. They were his blindspot and the reason for much of their contention during the trials and even after. And even now.

"That's why I came to get you. Kingsley has been interrogating him. I thought...I thought it might be good for you to listen to what he has to say."

"Do you think it is wise?" Edward asked politely, as Harry was forced to turn and face the vampire. "To have more people know Gwen is alive? Was it not agreed that she remain hidden until she is needed in the trial for her safety?"

Harry stared stoned-faced towards Edward, "I believe it's important for her to hear what he has to say, it's not like we're going to let him go and tell everyone she's alive! Do you honestly believe I'd put her in danger?"

"It wouldn't be the first time" Edward replied calmly.

Harry swallowed hard, looking as though Edward had punched him as he looked away from the magical being and back to Gwen, "Well? Are you coming?"

"I don't think I have much of a choice, do I?"

"Not really, plus..."

"Plus what?"

"Your team is here" Harry said quietly, hesitating as he corrected himself. "Well, erm...part of your team."

Gwen looked away from the boy, realizing what he meant. Part of her team. The ones who remained alive.

————— ✦—————

The two walked out of the room as a silence loomed over them. She was still angry at the boy before her, still angry at the entire ordeal. Her time with Edward was a nice respite, but as she walked with Harry that anger resurfaced. She truly felt as though she would never get over it. And now throwing Draco Malfoy into the mix? The only part of this that she appreciated was that Astoria had arrived. Harry had mentioned Cho had gone to the country with her parents to grieve Gwen's death, but they would be contacting her as soon as they could.

"You looked comfortable there" Harry said angrily, as he broke the silence between them. "Didn't take you long, eh?"

"You're one to talk" Gwen spat.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean" Gwen whipped around to look at him, a blazing look of intensity on her face. "You left me stranded with Ron, knowing I had no protection and you left to get wasted with Ginny! If anyone has a right to be mad here, it's me!"

"You had just broken up with me! You didn't want me there! What was I supposed to do?!"

"I don't know, sucked it up?! There were more important things--"

"CLEARLY!" Harry rolled his eyes, as he turned to look back to where they came out of and where Edward still remained.

"WHY DO YOU CARE, HUH? WHY DO YOU CARE? YOU SAID YOU WERE DONE WITH ME TOO!"

"YEAH WELL, YOU MADE SURE OF THAT!"

"WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?"

"SNOGGING CULLEN TWO SECONDS AFTER WE'RE DONE? YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED AT ALL--"