𝑂𝑊𝑁𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝐹 𝐴 𝐿𝑂𝑁𝐸𝐿𝑌 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑅𝑇

The sun was rising now, falling over Hogsmeade as the peacefulness of the village brought forth a calming sensation to Gwen. Though Tanya had not physically harmed anyone, the entire ordeal continued to worry Gwen. The nagging feeling she had when Harry had appeared at her doorstep had not calmed down. There was something just so suspicious about it, so off. And it bothered her.

Even Harry had been quick to ride off the incident as it being the nature of a Vampire.

But he did not understand that vampires like Tanya, were not the same vampires as the ones they learned about in Hogwarts. They were not the same at all.

The raven-haired woman stopped walking as her thoughts lingered on how Tanya had described the situation. It was almost as though she was forced to go after the man, as though her sense had been taken away...She knitted her dark eyebrows together as she thought hard, wondering if there really would be anything wrong with the Dragon Blood or the speciality vampire drink.

And what if there wasn't? Would anyone believe them?

Walking towards her home once more, know she had to make sure her face was calm and collected because if she even looked slightly anxious, the rest of them would follow suit. As she walked the broken cobblestones to her house, the first thing she noticed was Gaia's red hair flowing in the light of the early morning.

"Not exactly inconspicuous" Gwen muttered, as she noticed the Centaur had her bow at the ready as though ready to fend off anyone brave enough to come a mile from her block.

"We are here, awaiting your orders" Gaia stated, looking taller as Gwen could tell she was absolutely in love with the idea of physically defending something rather than being stuck in an office.

The raven-haired woman sighed, "Thankfully, it's not as bad as we thought. Come inside, I'll explain."

"I'll stay out here."

Gwen raised her eyebrow, not quite in the mood to try to get a Centaur to come inside of her home. "Gaia, we need to look like nothing is wrong, I really need you to come inside."

"You misunderstood me, I should be out here in case the witch Vetrova comes back."

"WHAT?"

"I will keep her at bay. I apologize I was not here before."

Gwen shook her head, not knowing how to respond as she decided to let Gaia remain in place as she bursted into her home as anxiety ran through her veins. What did Victoria Vetrova find out? What did she know?

"What happened?" Kate asked, the first one to Gwen's side.

The raven-haired woman tried to put herself together from the shock of Victoria Vetrova being there and potentially knowing what had happened with Tanya.

"Where is Tanya?" Kate demanded.

"Tanya is fine. She's still at Kreacher's Lodge, Harry's getting some blood samples. Everything is fine for now. Was Vetrova here?" Gwen managed, as she cleared her throat.

"Yeah, but Cho practically kicked her off the property" Alex chortled.

"It's like she knew something had happened" Cho said softly, as a pink-tint appeared on her face. "I made sure she didn't come in. I acted as though we had just woken up, which wasn't too hard to pull off. A lot of people saw us out last night, we have alibi's."

"Good" Gwen nodded, as she wracked her brain to figure out how Vetrova could have suspected anything so quickly. "Gaia's outside, I assume Vetrova didn't leave quietly--?"