𝑌𝑂𝑈'𝑅𝐸 𝑂𝑁 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝑂𝑊𝑁

Gwen's mouth split into a wide grin, chuckling softly until it crescendoed into laughter. She felt her dark soft hair moving across her shoulders as she laughed, "You are one crazy muggle, I'll give you that."

Bella breathed hard and blinked rapidly, looking surprised at Gwen's initial reaction, "I'm being serious."

Gwen stopped smiling, "You can't honestly think I would agree to this."

"It works out for all of us--"

"Whatever medication you're on that is making you think these things--"

"I'm not drugged up!" Bella snapped, her temper rising. "Edward will--"

"If you think Edward will agree to this, you seriously don't know him."

"He loves me, I know he does."

Gwen opened her mouth, deciding to close it as she knew the next words that were ready to come out of her were not respectful ones. She didn't want to argue with a delusional pregnant girl who was on the brink of death, but there was something so fascinating about the muggle girls determination to stay tethered to the magical world.

Bella had her entire life untouched by war, only to cross paths with Edward and date him for five months. Now, Bella was doing everything in her power to throw her life away with no logic in sight. What could immortality give her that she did not already have? What was she seeing in Edward, that he did not show or want? Was it not enough that he left her on their honeymoon, self-medicating through their wedding and openly telling her it was over?

"And what if he doesn't?" Gwen asked her simply, leaning towards her.

"He loves me" Bella said with determination in her eyes. "You're just a distraction. One that will mean nothing but a blimp in our relationship after a hundred years. I can do this for him. Let him have his time with you and when you get over him, he'll be with me again."

"Bella, that is seriously fucked up."

"It's not. He's been so selfless with me. And now I can too. I'll have his baby and he'll--"

"What if he doesn't want to come back with you?" Gwen asked her upfront. "What happens to your plan then?"

Bella looked at her knowingly, "How long do you think you could actually be with him? He's 17. You'll begin to look older--"

"I don't really care about that" Gwen replied honestly.

"You will. How couldn't you? You'll be old and grey and he'll be--"

"We're not getting married--"

"Exactly. You are together now. What I am saying is that I can wait. I will wait with our beautiful green-eyed boy and--"

"A boy?" Gwen asked, looking to Bella's stomach and back to the girl. How did she know there was even a baby in there?

"Well" Bella said sheepishly, as she touched her big round stomach. "We haven't been able to really know. But there's something in me that tells me he's a boy...A boy with green eyes, just like Edward--"

"Is this the same thing in you that is telling you that Edward would go for this?"

Bella frowned, "It's a fair outcome, take it. We all win--"

"No, Bella. We don't, 'all win'. How could you be okay with throwing your life away for someone who no longer wants you? You have a chance to live your life! To have a life!"

"Edward is my life--"

"Is this why you're going through with the pregnancy?" Gwen questioned. "Because you know Edward will be tied to you forever?"