𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑃𝐿𝐸𝐴𝐷𝐼𝑁𝐺

There was something to say about laying with someone you loved in complete silence, murmuring sweet nothings through stolen moments. Edward played with Gwen's hair as the two had their arms wrapped around each other, getting to know one another more and more before they returned back to reality.

"I have something for you" Edward murmured into her hair, kissing her briefly as he made his way out of the sofa-bed and within second, returning to her side.

She couldn't help but feel pleased at how at ease he felt around her, feeling no need to hide the fact he was a vampire or try to play his "human" role around her.

"A present?" Gwen grinned, as Edward looked at her curiously and handed her a black velvet box.

"When did you have time to go out and get this?" Gwen wondered, opening the box and feeling pure shock and delight from the the necklace before her. It was definitely antique, a négligée necklace, with designed with opals and diamonds.

"Oh...It's quite beautiful" Gwen managed, touching the necklace delicately and wondering if this had been with Edward for some time. In fact, the more she stared at it the more she was convinced it was from Edward's time.

"It was my mother's" he said shyly, studying her face. "I inherited quite a few baubles like this."

Gwen smiled, touched that he would part ways with something so meaningful and invaluable. She reached up and kissed him softly, "Thank you, truly. It's so beautiful. I've never seen anything like this before."

As they pulled away, Gwen caught a surprised look on his face as she placed the necklace around her neck.

"What is it?"

"It was just refreshing, being able to give gifts without pushback."

Gwen raised an eyebrow in a jesting way, "Do you just keep a spare drawer of jewelry to give out to your conquests?"

"My conquests?" Edward repeated horrified, sitting up quickly. "No! I didn't mean--I only meant--"

"I didn't know vampires could blush" Gwen teased him, laughing lightly as she bumped him playfully.

Edward sighed with a grin, "You're going to be the second death of me."

The two laughed together, their joy in complete unison as the vampire suddenly went quiet and looked upon the love of his existence. She looked absolutely beautiful laying bare beside him, with the opals and diamonds looking lovely against her brown skin. She was the vision of pure perfection. 

"If I could stay in this room with you forever, knowing you, touching you, kissing you, I truly would believe in heaven," Edward said in a dreamy voice, as he stroked her hair.

"So would I" Gwen agreed, turning her head as they kissed once more. "You know, those medical degrees have really in handy. You um...You don't seem to have any problem with what you're doing."

"It helps to know the anatomy, but" Edward grinned as he paused. "I simply watch you. I listen to your heart rate. I watch the muscle spasms your body has, how it reacts and I follow my instincts."

"So you're cheating" Gwen laughed, rolling over and on top of him, straddling him with her hands on either side of his head for support. He watched as the necklace bounded around chest, hanging off her neck as she found herself above him. "Using your vampire skills to ravish me?"

"If by 'cheating', you mean seeing you lost in pleasure and yelling out my name? Then yes, I would cheat again to ravish you."

Soon, they were kissing again as Edward's hands found their way towards Gwen's waist, slowing following the trail to her bottom, where he clutched her tightly. She herself, could feel Edward's hardness against her.