𝐶𝑂𝑁𝐹𝐸𝑆𝑆𝐼𝑂𝑁

"Let me come with you," Harry pleaded, as he watched the raven-haired woman carefully decide on her outfits for her Diplomatic Mission to Italy.

Within hours of debate and discussion, the political envoy was chosen to go to Italy and speak with the Volturi. Gwen, was one of those chosen to attend.

Rhea was quite angered with McLaggen's insistence of Gwen attending the meeting, wanting her to remain as far away from this as possible. But when push came to shove, there were many more reasons as to why Gwen should be the one to go. Though uneasy with the decision, Rhea accounted for Gaia attending as well. This way, the two could look out for each other if things got rough.

When all was said and done, only Harry looked displeased with the decision as he was denied attendance.

"You know it's not possible" Gwen countered, taking out a beige wrapped a-line dress from her closet and throwing it on her bed. She was going for an elegant yet fashionable look for her meeting with the Volturi and Italian Ministry. "The Italian Ministry of Magic forbids any Aurors from crossing their borders, this is a diplomatic mission. You would only cause trouble."

"You don't know how those Volters or whatever are going to react. Eleazar said they have powers that can get into your head!"

"The Cullens had those too, and protective enchantments work just fine. I also have a theory that vampires can't use their special powers on us, maybe it's the magic in our blood, but it has no effect on us."

"And what if your theory is wrong?" Harry asked in a frustrated voice, watching her choose through her outfits she was going to take with her.

"It's a meeting, not a battle Harry."

"They killed Kreacher, Gwen" Harry said quietly, as she pulled out a green lace dress and set it down. "I can't just ignore that. We're burying him without a proper memorial. This isn't Voldemort, I know... But this is more than just a meeting. You all said it, there's something else going on here."

Gwen's eyes softened as she met Harry's eyes, they had heard about Kreacher just a few hours ago, she could have kicked herself for not being more attentive to how upset he was. Kreacher had helped them through so much. He had grown with them...She knew they both mourned the same way, especially during the war: by putting it behind them quickly and facing what was next.

But Harry did not have a mission. The Vampire's were her mission. Not his. And this was not a war.

"I am sorry about Kreacher, I knew how much he meant to you...To both of us" Gwen said softly. She walked forward towards Harry, her best friend since they were eleven years old, placing her arms around his warm body.

She could feel him shaking in her arms as he placed his own around her body. She closed her eyes as she held him tightly, noticing his arms become loose and a calmness that took over him with her touch. Gwen had no idea for how long they embraced for, but there was no rush. She would be there with him for as long as he needed.

"Thank you..." Harry muttered quietly after some time, as his arms slowly pulled away from her. "I just didn't expect this to happen, we weren't gone for so long and I-I didn't think--"

"I know," Gwen said softly, sitting down next to him, reaching for his hand.

As the two sat in silence, Harry's concern for her leaving began to make more sense. As much as they had gone through, if she really thought about it, they both didn't expect to be a part of anything dangerous again. They both didn't expect any of their friends and family to be murdered in cold blood after the war ended...Which, made the plan she had been formulating in her mind since the talk with the Representatives, all that much harder to tell him...