𝑇𝑅𝑈𝑇𝐻

Edward filled Gwen in on everything the Healer told them after examining Bella, so she would have no surprises. It was obvious to Gwen that Bella was scared that her plan to turn into a vampire was on the edge of failing. To have the baby and stay human? There was no way that was something she would see through. Bella was determined to become a vampire, because it meant there was a chance she would be with Edward.

She rubbed her temple together, feeling as though this was one conversation at the bottom of her priority list. She had only a few hours before she had to leave, needing to speak with Astoria, Malfoy, and who knows who else to prepare for her departure. But regardless, it was still on her list.

Walking through the door and into Bella's room, the muggle girl was sitting up straight waiting for her.

"Have you decided?" Bella asked, looking Gwen straight in the eye without hesitation.

"I believe it is you that has to make a decision" Gwen replied, sitting on the chair next to her bedside without losing the eye contact.

Bella flinched, looking down at her hands which made her look more like a little girl, "I can't raise my baby as a human..."

"So you have decided."

"I need to know your decision."

Gwen had been holding back for some time, feeling herself losing control as she looked at Bella's stubborn face. On being the edge of the Republic possibly falling, danger at every corner, all this muggle girl cared about was if she was going to turn into a vampire?! She had been trying to be patient and kind, trying to understand. But with everything they had been through, everything that had led to this, Gwen felt herself slipping.

"Why does that matter?" Gwen snapped, as Bella flinched again. "I never agreed to your plan. You can't base your life on other people Bella. You have the freedom to choose how you want your life to be like. Not everyone gets that opportunity! Not everyone has a choice. You do."

"You said you've been in love before. You told me that last time we talked." Bella said, looking away from Gwen as she said it. "Tell me, were you so in love that you would do anything?"

"Yes" Gwen answered.

"How many times?"

"What?"

"How many times have you been in love?"

"Three."

Bella shook her head confidently, "You haven't been in love then, not really. Three times? I've been in love once and I knew. I knew right away Edward was--"

Gwen flashed her eyes dangerously, "The first boy I fell in love with, was murdered in cold blood. A 'Spare' he was called, because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was 15. I've carried his death with me since I saw my best friend drag the lifeless body of the first boy I have ever loved onto the field, screaming out that he was dead."

Bella recoiled.

"Do not try to assume you know who I am based on your presumptions. So yes Bella, I have fallen in love three times. And each time was as real as the other. I can tell you now, I am in love with Edward. Baby or no baby, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving him."

Bella was quiet, no longer looking confident as she wrapped her arms around her baby bump. She looked...lost. As though she were lost in thought.

"I can't tell you what to do. No one can. This is your choice and yours alone. But you throwing a fit, you trying to make deals with people to suit your needs. That is what isn't love. That's being selfish. You can't make him love you."