Chapter 5 - Class Trial 1

"Although you should all be well acquainted with my rules by now, let me explain-"

"Yeah, you can stop right there." I rolled my eyes, cutting Monokuma off before he could continue his regular trial rule spiel. "This is our fifth damn trial. Our asses are on the line, so we need to find this killer for us to live. If we don't, we die. Simple, isn't it, guys?"

"Right..." Satoshi gulped, rubbing the back of his head with a hesitant sigh. "After weeks of being trapped in this place, we haven't really had a choice but to get used to these rules. It's...unfortunately our lives now."

"Not for much longer, I hope," Kenjiro added, glancing at each one of us. "But...I don't know..."

"Eh? What do you mean?" Shouko spoke up, tilting her head as the psychologist's voice trailed off.

"Don't you remember? During the motive video, Ryoko said there were two ways to escape this game. One was through the motive, yet the other..."

"I guess we'll never know." Satoshi hummed in reply, his expression downcast.

"You never know with Ryoko. But...we will definitely get out of this dump. That I can swear my whole life on." I declared, determination filling my gaze as my hands tightened around my podium.

"Sure, missy." Monokuma began once again. "If you're going to interrupt me, at least start the goddamn trial and entertain me! I'm dying of boredom over here!" He whined.

"Oh, shut it, you wannabe emo teddy bear! I'm not a damn clown. This is a murder case, not the circus!" I exclaimed, my eyebrows furrowing towards him. "So don't make a scene, and let us figure out who the hell killed Ryoko!"

"C-Chiyo?" Satoshi stammered at my sudden outburst.

"...Huh?"

"Oh my! Talk about a bad attitude. Did your mother teach you to use your mouth like that?" Monokuma glared at me, yet his tone was laced with malice and mockery.

"Why you..." my fists were clenched until my knuckles turned paper white, and my eyes were full of anger. "How dare you bring her up-"

"Chiyo!" Satoshi raised his voice, snapping me out of whatever I was in.

"H-Huh?!?" I repeated, blinking for a few moments to stabilise myself as Satoshi widened his eyes.

"Shit...I shouldn't have raised my voice. S-Sorry. I'm sorry-"

"I-It's fine." I calmed him down, dismissing him. "You did the right thing. I was getting pretty overheated."

"Are you alright? Is something going on?" Kenjiro wondered.

"Yeah...You usually don't get this mad." Shouko mumbled.

"Uh, right. I'm fine! I'm fine." I repeated, though, that it was more to calm myself down rather than reassure the others.

Shit, this case is really fucking with me. The fact that Ryoko is the victim is bad enough. I mean, right now, her evil ass is probably laughing and ridiculing me from hell - no, a place even worse than hell.

It's not just that, but Shimura is the top suspect that only I'm aware of. No, again it's more than that.

Shimura is the only possible person behind Ryoko's ultimate demise.

But still! I don't want to believe that! Shimura...

If you were here in this class trial, you'd defend yourself, right? You'd fight for your innocence.

Or would you admit it?

What would you do, Shimura...? And where the hell are you?!?

"I suppose we should get started then...Right?" Satoshi suggested, glancing at each of us. "Who is behind Ryoko's death?"