Chapter 5 - A Facade of Fatal Affection

----------

Chapter 5 - A Facade of Fatal Affection
Daily Life
- START -

----------

I pushed my glasses up, adjusting them so I could properly see as I walked past the large, steel doors which led to the Mastermind's room.

Ryoko came here at some point. She even mentioned it when I saw her back at the infirmary...That pain in the ass.

At first, the hallway seemed to be never-ending. I walked for what appeared to feel like ages, leaving my legs sore and myself out of breath quite quickly as I hunched over to rest my joints.

God damn my poor health...Is this meant to be hell or something?

Nevertheless, I sucked up the pain until the hallway started to become narrower, leading towards yet another door.

"All that walking just for another door." I sighed, mumbling under my breath. "How rewarding..."

I wrapped my hands around the door handle and pushed its door, the door opening easily.

I suppose the mastermind thought that the foreboding steel door was good enough of a deterrent.

Then again...They're the one who set this motive. They practically invited us, whoever they are. So what if they wanted this?

I pushed my initial questions aside and entered the room, my vision nearly turning completely blue just from the lights strewn across the room. Just like Ryoko and Monokuma advertised, the back wall was decorated with lines of various weapons from different ranges and degrees - from simple scalpels and tiny pistols to full-on axes and rifles. Furthermore, there were two of everything to assure nothing ran out.

This is a pretty large display of weapons...it practically screams the mastermind's desire for murder and violence.

As I stared and inspected each weapon on the wall - making sure to place them back in their designated spots after - I couldn't help but notice one of the guns was missing from its pair.

It seemed to be a revolver with six bullets, all secured in their chamber to be used.

But if one is missing...Then Ryoko must have taken it. She's the only other person to have come down here due to my knowledge. Not only that, but I remember Chiyo telling me earlier about Ryoko pulling out a gun...

What a sick and twisted individual...Falling and playing right up to whatever this mastermind wants.

...I'll stop them, no matter what it takes.

I turned myself around to see the opposite wall to the mastermind's weaponry. It was covered in screens which were all shut off due to the cameras still being shut down.

Speaking of which, beneath the screens were a series of buttons and levers, all responsible and corresponding to a different part of life in this damn camping ground.

Perhaps I could've spent time familiarising myself with each of the various functions on the massive control panel. However, I wouldn't even have the chance to as the screens flickered into life, all collectively displaying one image which had yet to appear due to constant buffering.

I suppose this must be the mastermind...I was expecting someone to face me in person.

Not...this.

As my brain attempted to conjure up an image as to whoever this mastermind could possibly be, I stopped in my tracks the minute I saw his face.

Ok...I definitely didn't expect this...

Before me was just some guy. He didn't seem all too threatening or intimidating as his black hair fell carelessly over his face, golden eyes staring back at me and he awkwardly smiled, a mole sitting beneath his bottom lip.