Chapter 5 - A Facade of Fatal Affection - FTE: Ryoko

The next day, I left my cabin - locking the door behind me as Satoshi waited by the stairs, leaning against one of the pillars while he sat, fixing his nail polish.

"Seriously? Did I really take so long to get ready that you started doing your nails?" I folded my arms and shook my head, sitting beside him.

"N-No! That's not why..." he defended himself, nearly smudging the polish in his shocked state. "It's just...I forgot to do them yesterday, and I already spent so long this morning with my hair...so since you still weren't out yet, I figured-"

"You figured that you'd fix up your nails while waiting for me 'cause you knew I'd take ages." I finished his sentence for him with a laugh at the end.

"...Y-Yeah. Sorry." Satoshi apologised with a sigh.

"Hey, it's fine," I reassured him. "You're making good use of your time, so I can't blame you." I then replied as he blew on his nails to dry them off quicker.

This...reminds me of Kokoro and how she'd do her nails. Hell, she even did mine one time.

I wasn't there when she died, so all I can do is imagined what happened through descriptions. But even so...

I miss them. Not just Kokoro, but Yuna, Kairi...Everyone.

Even Yukari and her shitty attitude. She didn't deserve death...None of us do.

Yet we're all stuck in this hellhole. If it weren't for our situation...we could've been happy. Akemi could've properly changed for the better and everyone else could see it.

If someone had asked me back when I first arrived here if I'd miss Akemi, I'd probably be offended and insult them for even asking. But now...I definitely miss him. He really could have had a real chance to change, but Shunsuke took that away from him.

But that's the thing! I can't blame Shunsuke...or any of the other killers. Their actions were manipulated by Monokuma and his stupid motives of course!

Yet...still, they died. And I could've been a victim too for my recklessness. The only reason I'm still alive right now is thanks to Shimura. So...I suppose I owe my life to him.

I should have been more careful. I should have never fallen for...her trap.

That girl...she-

"Chiyo?" Satoshi called out to me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"H-Huh?" I jumped, blinking a few times to readjust.

Satoshi had gotten up, seemingly finished with his nails while I was thinking for ages. "Are you ok? You...kind of spaced out for a bit there."

"Me? Yeah, I-I'm fine." I shrugged. "I was just thinking about everyone..." I sighed.

"O-Oh..." Satoshi hummed in reply.

"I miss them, you know," I added.

"I'm sure everyone does. W-Well, except her." Satoshi responded.

Seems like it's a universal rule now not to refer to that girl who shall not be named...

Well, she deserves it! After all the shit she's pulled...

"Hey," Satoshi spoke up once again, gaining my attention. "How about we go to breakfast now? Shouko and Kenjiro want to see you."

"Oh really now?" I perked up, tilting my head. "Now...do you mean that, or are your nails finally dry enough for us to go eat?" I smirked.

"No- Well, yes...but that's not it!" He exclaimed. "They're actually the ones who sent me to come to get you, you know. I was already planning to pick you up but it sounded like they had something prepared."