Chapter 2 - A Grasp of Fading Spotlight - BDA and Investigation

----------

Chapter 2 - A Grasp of Fading Spotlight
Deadly Life
- START -

----------

Finn desperately tried to separate himself from the body, pushing it off of him as he scooted away, his back now pressed up against the wall in fear.

"O-Oh my god..." was all he could say.

"How...How could this happen?!?" Hidemi exclaimed, stepping back from the body.

Tatsuo couldn't even speak, his mouth just slowly opening in shock as his eyes focused on what was before us.

There, on the floor, with their arms sprawled out...

Was Yukari.

Her body was completely drenched in blood spilling from her stab wounds, along with cuts and bruises all over her body. Blood slipped down her face from her head as her expression was frozen in a face of pure terror. Yukari's hair was now a mess and the fancy silk outfit she had worn to sleep in had been ruined, doused in crimson and torn at every angle.

"What...What the hell?!?" I screamed at the sight.

This...This is just as bad as Akemi and...

...And my mother.

I clenched my fists and shook my head.

Not now! I can't focus on her now...

I mean...Yukari's dead body is right at my feet. That's the only thing I should be focusing on! Especially in her state...She looks...destroyed.

My thoughts were harshly interrupted by the chime of the body discovery announcement.

Ding dong, dong ding!

However, no one of us said a word, choosing to remain in silence to process Yukari's body.

Tatsuo suddenly snapped out of it and slowly realised something. "Wait...Everyone is still asleep in their tents. They couldn't have heard that."

"W-What?!?" My head snapped toward him. "Then...H-Hurry up! Go get them or something!"

"O-Ok!" He nodded and rushed out of the room, running towards the campsite to alert the others.

Soon, instead of Tatsuo and the rest of the group, Satoshi and Kenjiro burst through the doors.

"Oh...Oh my god!" Kenjiro exclaimed.

Satoshi froze, his eyes becoming fixated on her corpse as his hand gripped the door handle.

"...No...Not again."

He slowly backed away from the body, almost as if to leave the room. But Kenjiro placed a firm hand on his shoulder trying to keep him in place.

"Calm...C-Calm down..." he said through nervous breaths.

Satoshi's panicked breathing eventually calmed down as he just avoided looking at the sight of Yukari's dead body.

Eventually, Tatsuo turned up with the others as they all piled into the room, each having practically the same reaction.

"Y-Yukari?!?" Yuna gasped. "How the hell did this happen?"

"Shit...She looks like...she's been tortured..." Kairi gripped her hat in fear.