Chapter 1 - Class Trial 3 + Closing Argument

"Shunsuke is the killer." I bluntly said, the whole room falling silent.

"I beg your pardon!" Shunsuke gasped, interrupting the quiet atmosphere with his response.

"C-Chiyo now is no time for jokes!" Kokoro exclaimed. "Shunsuke would never kill."

"Fuahaha! You tell her, my dear." He grinned once Kokoro protected him, offering her a sweet smile.

Kokoro is...still going to protect him.

And Shunsuke doesn't even seem phased? The heck?

"Shunsuke's...The killer?" Finn repeated. "Are you really sure?"

"I mean, as of now he's just our main suspect-"

"You idiots!" Yukari loudly barged into the conversation, cutting Hidemi off. "What did I say in the beginning? I told you it was him! We could have skipped this whole trial if you believed me."

"Even if you were right, we weren't going to vote over a guess. There was a one in fourteen chance it was right without evidence." Tatsuo sighed at her. "Chiyo, this is a real accusation, right?"

"Of course it is! And I got proof."

"Proof...?" Yuna said. "Proof that Shunsuke...Killed Akemi?!?"

"No! He didn't!" Kokoro continued defending him.

"Shunsuke, did you actually do it?!?" Kairi questioned him. "You better tell the truth!"

"I never would waste my time with such dim-witted trash." He played with his hair and smirked, looking to the side. "The mere thought of me murdering that boy is just a laugh! Fuaha!"

"Hm..." Kenjiro seemed to be lost in thought. I wonder what he's thinking about.

I shook my head and ignored him, returning to the topic at hand. "It's no laugh! It's our best lead so far."

"But...Shunsuke is so cool! And pretty! And nice! How could he just kill Akemi?" Akihiro questioned.

"Are those seriously the factors that judge if someone's a killer to you?" Tatsuo eyed him suspiciously.

"I-It's not like I lied!"

"Maybe if I try hard enough...Akemi's spirit will appear!" Shouko realised. "Then I could ask him. He'd know the truth to whether Shunsuke's the answer."

"This...This is a trial. We don't have time for stuff like t-that." Satoshi shook his head, appearing to have recovered from when everyone was accusing him earlier. "Shunsuke...is our main suspect. Chiyo is right, surprisingly."

"S-Surprisingly? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I glared at him.

"But a ghost would help!" She argued.

"S-Stop bringing up stupid make-believe!"

I guess he doesn't like ghosts.

I mean...They don't exist in the first place anyway.

"Well then, Chiyo...Things have certainly gotten interesting!" Ryoko clapped in joy. "Let's see this proof you got! Surely that will convince everyone."

"Right! Do entertain me. Since I'm not the killer, I shall find your simple attempts to pin blame on me...amusing." Shunsuke said, staring at me.

Geez...It looks like I seriously have to do this.

Well, bring it on! I know Shunsuke has got to be the killer, so I'll prove it to everyone until they finally get it!

-
Non-Stop Debate
Truth Bullet: Cleaning Committee Routine
-