Chapter 2 - A Grasp of Fading Spotlight

----------

Chapter 2 - A Grasp of Fading Spotlight
Daily Life
- START -

----------

The morning announcement died down as I slowly sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes and yawning loudly.

Another day stuck here means another night of me being unable to sleep properly...

I was already complaining before I remembered what happened yesterday, right before my eyes.

Akemi...Shimura...Shunsuke.

Shit. People have died here, and we're still expected to keep this going? This sucks!

But...Tatsuo's right. We won't kill again. Cause...Akemi died because Shunsuke made a mistake and blanked out for a few moments. There's no way that can happen again.

R-Right...?

I shook my head. "Whatever...I got to get ready. Hidemi is gonna be here soon to pick me up and I'm certain everyone else is feeling worse right now."

Getting up, I eventually showered and got dressed, reading through my handbook.

Looks like some of the others were messaging each other on one of the apps. I was probably too tired to even notice.

No messages from Kokoro though...Is she still mad?

I sure hope not. But I can't be sure...

Whatever. Hidemi is waiting for me. I can worry about Kokoro later if she even arrives at the breakfast meeting.

I closed the door behind me as I left my cabin, finding Hidemi sitting at my doorstep with her head in her hands.

"Woah. What's up?" I said, walking towards her and sitting down in the free space beside her.

"It's Satoshi." She sighed, lifting her head and staring out into the sky. "He's not in his room!"

"...And?"

"I was planning on checking up on him and inviting him to come to breakfast with us...But he was not there when I passed by! Now I'm worried. I told him to stay in his room!" She explained.

"I doubt there are that many places he could have run off to." I tried to talk some sense.

"I mean...You're right. But I can't help it. After seeing him yesterday and learning...that about him, I can't help but worry even more! I'm the one who's always looking after him, and I feel like I've done a terrible job these days..." she groaned out loud and slumped down in defeat.

"Well...That's not really your fault. This is a killing game."

"Yeah...But still." Hidemi placed her head against the wooden post holding up the roof of my cabin. "This killing game hasn't really shown the best of me. First Satoshi, and then forgetting to ask Ryoko who she saw?!? What kind of attorney does that...I was such an idiot!"

"H-Hey..."

Shit. I'm bad at these kinds of talks.

"...I'm sorry. This probably isn't what you want to hear after what happened yesterday. I sound selfish." She got up.

"What? No, you don't." I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back down next to me. "It's a killing game. I bet everyone is fighting their own thoughts and struggles. Honestly, it's not selfish of you at all to talk about them. I mean, if you want to talk to me, go ahead."

"R-Really...?"

"Uh...Yeah." I grinned. "We're talking right now aren't we?"

Hidemi weakly smiled back, her face slightly flushing before she shook her head. "R-Right! Thank you. It still was a bit dumb of me to just sit at your doorstep and complain."