Chapter 4 - Class Trial 2 + Scrum Debate

"Hm? Ryoko perked up, glancing back to see me. "What was that, Satoshi?"

"What I'm saying is that...you could have killed Yuna and got Chiyo injured. In fact, you're the prime suspect." I crossed my arms.

"Oh really? And what do you mean by that exactly?" The grandmaster scoffed, rolling her eyes at us all.

"I mean...Y-Your name is all over this case." I glared at her.

"Not to mention how suspicious and strange you've been acting," Kenjiro added, backing me up.

"That doesn't really count seeing how she's always strange..." Shouko mumbled to herself, folding her arms and staring down at the floor.

"So you're trying to say I may have killed Yuna, hm?" Ryoko chuckled. "I'm the prime suspect?"

"Yes. I...I know you have to be the biggest lead on this case." I clenched my fists, trying my absolute best to defend my point. "Either that or...you murdered Yuna."

Ryoko fell silent for a moment, staring and admiring her nails while seeming completely unbothered at first.

How can she act that way...while we accuse her of murder?!?

Well...it's not her first time being accused I guess.

It also may not be the first time that she's actually...committed a murder, considering what she did to Finn.

But what would Ryoko's motive even be this time around? It's not like she wants to bring anyone back. And if it's for fun again...then would killing another person be enjoyable or repetitive to her?!?

So many questions and I have no idea what the answer could be.

"U-Um." Suddenly, we heard the voice of someone speaking up. All of our eyes landed on Kokoro.

"What's up?" I asked her, concerned if something was wrong or not.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you all...I-I know how happy you all would be if Ryoko died- No offence." Kokoro quickly glanced over to the chess grandmaster.

"Hmph. None taken. I know it's true." She chuckled with a lingering smirk.

"But," Kokoro got back on topic. "Ryoko can't be the killer!"

"E-Eh?" Shouko yelped. "Since when do you want to defend her...?"

"That's not it!" The matchmaker exclaimed. "It's just...Ryoko has a wristband, right?!? So if she actually killed Yuna, wouldn't we all be dead right now? And this time it's not like Finn since Yuna was found first!"

Ryoko hummed in response. "Heh. I'm surprised Kokoro out of all people is the only one left with a brain out of this disappointing bunch."

"Oh right," Shouko remembered while also choosing to remind us all. "A person with a wristband can kill...as long as the body is found, they'd get to leave straight away with no trial while l-leaving the rest of us to die."

"Aha! What a nice explanation, Shouko." The grandmaster smiled, though it was clearly fake. "It's a shame nobody asked though."

"Eh?!?"

"N-No." I tried my best to sound firm enough to interject. However, once I saw that the single word wasn't enough, I loudly cleared my throat, people turning to look.

"Huh? Satoshi?" Kokoro tilted her head. "What's the problem? Ryoko is innocent..."

"No! She...can't be." I shook my head, firmly believing in what I was about to say. "Ryoko can't be innocent. Her wristband proves nothing since...it's not hers."