Chapter 3 - A Feeling of Closing Entrapment - FTE: Kokoro, Shouko

I sat in my bed, going through various options on who I could hang out with.

Hmm...Hidemi and Satoshi are going to be busy preparing for the movie night, so I can't ask them right now.

And Ryoko...is out of the picture for obvious reasons.

So who can I hang out with out of the other seven?

That's when it hit me. I haven't really spoken to Kokoro properly in private since our first few days here, back when she was so bubbly and positive. She has gotten better but...I guess I was worried about her. I wonder how she's doing.

Looks like that's decided then. I'll check up on Kokoro to see how she's feeling. Maybe that can help her out.

I got up and left my cabin, making sure to lock my door behind me. Once I arrived at Kokoro's doorstep, I knocked on the door.

Yet nothing happened.

I tried my luck and knocked a second time. And again, nothing happened.

I mean...Maybe she's not in? She could literally be anywhere right now.

But I did see her go inside her cabin when I returned to my own. So did she really leave?

I knocked one more time for good measure. But just like how I expected, I got absolutely no reply.

That's when I noticed her window curtains had been left open.

...Would it be weird of me in I checked if she was in through the window?

-
Should I check through Kokoro's window?
> - Yes <
- No
-

...Fuck it.

I peeked through the window and to my surprise, saw Kokoro, sitting at her vanity with her head in her hands as she seemed to be mumbling to herself.

Woah...What's bothering her?

Without much thought, I tapped against the glass, hoping that would get her attention.

Luckily, it did. The moment I stopped tapping, Kokoro perked up, looking around the room to see where the sound had come from. It was only when she saw me at the window that he exhaled a sigh of relief.

Oops...I might have scared her for a second there.

Kokoro then got up and walked over to the door where she opened it. I turned to face her.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything," I spoke.

"Oh, no! Nothing really..." She welcomed me with a smile, happy to see me. "I was just thinking...That's all."

Must have been thinking very thoroughly if she didn't hear me knock three times.

"I see." I nodded. "I won't pry then."

"Um...Why did you come visit me?" Kokoro asked before getting nervous and correcting herself. "I-I mean, not that I didn't want you to come! I'm so happy you're here! It's just...why?"

"I was just coming to check up on you. After everything I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you seem better." I replied.

"Oh...Thank you! It's mostly thanks to your words though..." She smiled. "A-Anyway, how about you come in then? We could talk about all sorts of things, not just me! Like...relationship advice and stuff. That's my expertise!"

"R-Relationship advice? I don't think I need something like-"

Before I could reply, I felt the familiar feeling of Kokoro happily grabbing my arms and leading me inside her cabin, closing the door behind her with a hum.