Chapter 2 - Class Trial 1

"Before we begin, let me explain the basic rules of the class trial!" Monokuma jumped up onto his throne and cleared his throat before continuing. "You all will discuss the case and try to figure out who the killer is! Once time has run out or you're confident you know who it is, a vote will be cast. Your votes will determine the results! If you can figure out who the blackened is then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong person...then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened! And the person who managed to kill and deceive you all will-"

"You can shut up. We already know how this works, you know?" I sighed, interrupting him. "Let's just start so we don't waste any more time."

"Ah, has Chiyo finally understood?" Ryoko grinned, already messing around. "She wants to get started just as much as I do! It's just as they say, great minds think-"

"You shut up too." I immediately cut her off.

"We don't have time to goof off, alright everyone. This is a serious case, ok? So let's solve it together." Hidemi took her rightful position as leader once again.

"Exactly...We need to cooperate to find whoever killed Yukari, so no unnecessary arguing either." Tatsuo joined her.

"Geez...I didn't know class trials had ground rules aside from the bears." Kairi mentioned, turning her head to the side. "If we are making our own rules...Then can we get rid of the creepy portraits?" She then shivered. "It's like Yukari is staring right at me...It's freaking me out!"

"Y-You already know Monokuma will say no to that." Kenjiro sighed.

"Hm...I guess the candles and flickering flames do make them look sorta horrific. N-Not in an insulting way of course! I'm just saying..." Akihiro added.

"...I wonder what they're all thinking. W-Wherever they are." Shouko lowered her head.

"How about...No going off-topic either?" Satoshi suggested, glancing at the 'besties'. "We really have to focus."

"Satoshi...You definitely seem better." Yuna commented. "And you actually seem to want to solve crimes now, even if just slightly."

"N-No, I-"

"He was a big help during our investigation." Hidemi then complimented him.

"I guess we should thank Kenjiro then," Finn said.

"...I'm glad." Kenjiro gave Satoshi a brief smile.

"W-What happened to staying on topic? I'm not the main focus of this trial, you know..." he shook his head after all the praise.

"Yeah." Kokoro finally spoke up, refusing to look at the Shunsuke portrait no matter what. She took a shaky breath and continued speaking. "Can we just...properly get started? P-Please?"

"Hm...Seems someone has finally calmed down." Ryoko smirked.

Hidemi gave Kokoro a reassuring look. "You're right, we should definitely get started. So, what should be our first topic of discussion?"

"The cause of death-"

"Suspects, obviously!" Ryoko proudly interrupted me and then laughed. "It really could be anyone. Let's face it, Yukari was disliked by everyone...Any of us could have killed her! She was practically a public enemy with her philosophies."

"Hey, I didn't think she was that bad..." Finn awkwardly responded.

"Oh, be quiet you. You're just trying to be nice and live up to your 'Mr Cool Guy' act. Well, let's face it." She mocked him. "Yukari will not be missed and we all had a mutual hatred for her. Deep down, you know you did, Finn!"