Chapter 1 - A Sad Party of One

----------

Chapter 1 - A Sad Party of One
Daily Life
- START -

----------

Ding dong, bing bong!

I groaned as I sat up in bed, lazily rubbing my eyes. Yet again, that stupid bear had to ruin everything and wake me up.

Looks like there are morning announcements too...

"Good morning campers! It is now 7:00 am and what a beautiful day it is! Now get up and get out there! Because you never know what might happen today...Puhuhu!" Monokuma said before the monitor buzzed and returned to a black screen.

Well, at least I got some sleep after all.

I'd better get moving. Hidemi did arrange for us all to meet up at a breakfast meeting in the dining hall.

It's not like I wanna be early or something...I just miss the feeling of a shower.

Yeah, yeah. It hasn't even been a  day yet and I'm already stressing about the shower...

This is going to be a pain.

Just as I was about to get ready to shower, I noticed the camera and monitor in the corner of my room.

"Yuck. That would be gross." I rolled my eyes, taking my blazer off and hanging it off the camera. I waved my hand in front of it as if to make sure the bear couldn't see me before sighing in relief and heading to my bathroom.

After taking a long, hot shower where I mostly just stood still thinking about yesterday, I took the blazer off the camera in case Monokuma got pissed off.

I know he must be being controlled by someone, but still. If they can trap us all here, then what if they pull some crazy stunt just because I wanted some privacy?

I lay the blazer on my bed and opened my closet to get dressed.

Well, I wanted to. But when I opened it, all I saw were identical copies of the clothes I wore yesterday.

"Are you kidding me?!?" I thought out loud. "You're going to force us to stay here but can't even get us any other clothes? Geez! That's just cheap."

What kinda person has the time to make so many copies of the same 16 outfits anyway?

Once I was ready, I heard a loud knock on my door.

"Huh? What now?" I tilted my head.

I started walking towards the door, but I noticed something glimmering in the corner of my eye on top of the dresser.

"Don't tell me..."

I turned to the dresser and there it was.

A special wristband.

"Oh for fucks sake!" I cried. "When can I ever catch a break?!?"

"H-Hm? Chiyo? Is everything ok in there?" A person nervously asked on the other side of the door.

I recognise that voice. That must be Hidemi...

Shit! She can't know about the wristband. No one can!

Maybe if I just leave without putting it on, no one will notice...

"R-Relax! It's nothing! I'll be out in a sec!" I gave a quick excuse and inched closer to the door. However, this time I had the now-familiar sound of a gun lowering from the security camera. I slowly turned around to see it pointed right at me.

"Great. Looks like that's not an option..." I mumbled and sighed quietly so Hidemi wouldn't hear.

I reluctantly picked the wristband up and tried to see what my 'special rule' would be, but the thing wouldn't turn on. I even tried shaking it a bunch, but even that didn't work.