Chapter 1 - A Sad Party of One - FTE: Satoshi, Finn

"Chiyo, I'm surprised! You left your cabin earlier today..." Hidemi said from the bottom step as I closed the door to my room behind me.

"I can say the same about you. You're early as well."

It was now morning yet again and I was awoken by that annoying bear's announcement. His voice is enough to make me want to leave, that's for sure.

"Well, I did say I would make you breakfast, didn't I? And I did!" She smiled.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that..."

"Don't worry. I got up early to make you some breakfast. You were disappointed by what Monokuma made yesterday so I made sure to make something better."

"You got up early just for that?" I awkwardly rubbed the back of my neck. "You seriously shouldn't have."

"No, no. It's not a problem." She explained as I walked down the steps. "Now let's get going, everyone else is already eating."

"Hm? Did you make food for those lot as well?" I asked.

"Oh...No. I-I made it just for you." Hidemi hid her face. "I only usually cook for one or two people! I could never make enough food for sixteen." She chuckled. "Sorry."

"Nah, it's fine. I get some nice well-made meal while they get plain gross shit." I grinned. "Lucky me."

Just like yesterday, we reached the dining room as Hidemi opened the door for me and ushered me inside.

However, when we stepped inside, along with the now-familiar scene of everyone sitting together while chatting and eating, we saw a figure by the entrance. He leaned against the wall and seemed to perk up once we walked in.

"H-Huh? Satoshi?" Hidemi questioned him. "But-"

"I decided to show up today..." he sighed. "Maybe I should give these guys a chance."

"Well, that's surprising." She avoided his gaze.

"This is just a meeting where we all sit and talk while eating breakfast, right?" He wondered.

"Yeah. So?" I replied.

"...It looks like I'm late. All the food is gone. Except for that plate." He pointed to one plate, sitting on the window between the dining room and kitchen. A neatly placed reserved sign had been placed in front of it.

"That? That's what I made for Chiyo to eat." Hidemi explained.

"Hidemi...made that?" He blinked.

"Yeah? Why are you so surprised?" I crossed my hands.

"...Good luck, I guess."

"Satoshi! T-That's mean! My cooking isn't bad." Hidemi defended herself while scolding him.

"R-Right." He looked around the room. "There's only one free table."

"What? You're going to sit by yourself or something?" I wondered. "Besides, you can't. That's where Hidemi and I sit."

"So there's nowhere for me to sit either? Just perfect." He sighed again. "No food or seats. Looks like I'm leaving."

"Uh." I heard someone say beside me. We turned to see Kenjiro.

"Still sneaking up on people?" I said.

"I-I'm sorry! I was just eavesdropping..."

Talk about a breach of privacy. I commend his honesty though.

"...And maybe you could sit with m-me?" Kenjiro offered.

"With you?" Satoshi glanced down at him.

"I sat with Akihiro yesterday...but he's bugging Shouko about a ghost hunting collab. I think..." he paused but shook his head and asked again. "So, you can sit with me...?"