Chapter 4 - A State of Uneasy Equilibrium - FTE: Yuna, Shouko

I was up and ready to go the next morning, holding my bag open for Archie to crawl into.

We may be somewhat friends, but I still can't bring myself to willingly touch Archie...

Oh well. We're getting there.

The day ahead was a busy one as I went through what I had planned in order. First, I'd have to eat breakfast with the others before stopping by the morgue to pass in the new information to Shimura along with some proper food. Then, I'd meet Yuna at the gym so we could work out together once again.

I suppose after that, I'd have the rest of the day off. It's not like I have a solid schedule so...I guess I'll see what I can do when the time arrives.

With everything sorted out and settled, I put my bag on, making sure I was also bringing Akihiro's handbook with me before leaving my cabin.

Similar to yesterday, Satoshi was at the foot of my stairs, sitting on them as he scrolled through messages in his own handbook. From where I was standing, it appeared to his messages with Kenjiro that he was rereading.

"Yo," I called down to him, reaching the last step. Satoshi was startled at first by my sudden entrance, but soon just sighed and even slightly chuckled, putting his handbook away.

"I'm surprised that you are early today," Satoshi said as he straightened his hair with his hands. "Usually you tend to leave at least five minutes late. So honestly, I'm shocked you're even out of the house right now."

"Hey, come on!" I agreed, crossing my arms "I'm not always that late! You're overreacting."

Satoshi just chuckled. "Right. Sure you're not."

"But hey..." I paused, examining him. "You seem to be in a good mood today. What's up?"

"It's nothing really." He shrugged. "I guess...I finally let what Kenjiro said yesterday sink in. That plus the fact I slept well makes me feel a bit more optimistic today."

"I see." I nodded. "What? You dream about marrying him again?"

"N-No!" He exclaimed. "Stop bringing that up...!"

"Alright, alright!" I smirked. "But I'm glad you're feeling good. Let's hope no one ruins it, alright?"

"Right." He gave a brief nod, keeping his head up for once as we walked to the dining hall together. "Please don't jinx it..."

-

Breakfast was as awkward as I expected. Everyone was sat, yet after the motive announcement yesterday, most of us seemed on edge.

Well, all except for Ryoko who was yet to arrive. But let's face it, she barely shows up anyway. Ryoko only comes to breakfast when she wants to cause trouble.

I pushed her to the back of my mind so I could focus on eating breakfast. Taking a seat beside Kenjiro and Satoshi, I made sure a give Yuna a smile from across the room.

We are planning on working out together later. I hope she brings her all. I know I won't hold back.

Kokoro tried her best to start a conversation with Shouko, the only other person who sat with her, but the ghost hunter stayed silent, sighing every now and then as she read what seemed to be...a magazine?

I wouldn't expect that from her at all.

"You still won't talk to me?" Kokoro pouted, thinking about the next topic to try and get a word out of Shouko with. "Ah, I know! That cute model on the cover of your magazine! Isn't he great?"

"This isn't my magazine," Shouko stated, her eyes not leaving the page. "It was Akihiro's..."

"O-Oh...Well, you seem to like it!" The matchmaker tried cheering her up, pointing at the boy on the front page. "Is he your favourite?"