Prologue - Farewell To A New Beginning - Unfamiliar Surroundings

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see...

Sunlight?
Trees?
Broken...glass?

I slowly lifted my head, which was painful seeing as my cheek had been stuck to the leather chair I slept on. I even saw some drool left on it...Gross.

Taking a look at my surroundings, I realised that I was on some sort of bus.

Well, it wasn't a normal bus. The windows were shattered, the chairs were creaky, the leather was decaying, the metal floor was covered in dirt and there was a massive tree branch that had smashed through a window.

This definitely isn't right. Why the hell am I here? What am I doing on some weird-ass abandoned bus?!?

Shit, this is bad. Ok Chiyo, think. What do you last remember...

Those two Nozomu students! They...kidnapped me?!?

And now I'm on some weird bus?!?

Who the heck kidnaps someone and puts them on a bus?

This is seriously weird. At least I'm alive. Thinking about what could have happened to me is terrifying.

Well, I shouldn't just stand around here. The smart thing to do would be to get out of this bus and investigate my surroundings. I need to get out of here, but finding those kidnappers and teaching them a lesson doesn't sound so bad.

I cautiously made my way to the front of the bus, ducking under the large branch blocking the way. The bus was a mess, the front of it crashed into some sort of tall wall made of tree logs. I avoided the broken glass on the floor and exited the bus, walking down the small steps to a dirt road.

The bus was in the middle of some forest. The trees would go on for miles, so I couldn't see any signs of a nearby town or city. The trees were even blocking the rest of the dirt road, meaning I couldn't go back. I couldn't even hear any animals or birds chirping, which was strange considering I was in the middle of nowhere.

Behind me, however, was that tall wooden wall. It was also an entrance to what seemed to be some summer camp styled location. The doors were as high as the wall and were wide open, beckoning me to step inside. I refused for now though, considering my situation so far.

So...a forest. In the middle of nowhere. Just great.

A massive campsite might have a phone or some method of calling for help. I guess I should step inside.

Wait! What about my own phone?

I noticed I still had my bag and dove my hand inside. Unfortunately, my phone was not there.

"Shit...I'm screwed."

I did feel some other things like my notepad which could still be useful thankfully due to the pencil behind my ear. Along with that, I felt a slip of paper. Pulling it out, I realised it was the photo of me and my mum that my dad gave me.

"Thank god you're still here." I sighed in relief. "Maybe you can help me figure out what the hell is going on at this dump..."

I put the photo back before my hand brushed against some unfamiliar object. I pulled it out and it appeared to be a tablet of some kind. It was sleek and modern, almost weightless in my hand.

I booted it up as the screen turned blue. Some white text was on the screen, reading my name and talent. It then showed a logo, similar to that of Hopes Peak, that said 'Hopes Peak Talent Development Camp.'

My head lifted back up to the grand doors. On top of them was an arch with a sign that had the exact same logo.

"Does this mean someone put this thing into my bag and left me at the camp because they think I'm some student here? I am a student at Hopes Peak, that's true. But I've never heard of this place..."