18.Dinner party.

What Yan Zui pointed to was the first place on the left hand. The moving of Shen Qingze's seat meant that Earl Yan En had to sit on the side.

    And it's not just a chair to sit on the side.

    After the assassination, suspended animation, scapegoating and power seizure, the two hypocritical uncles and nephews finally reached the verge of confrontation.

    Yan Zui raised the wine glass and took a sip of the wine, the deep red was clear and watery, reflecting the thin red at the corner of his mouth that seemed to be a smile but not a smile, the hidden sharpness of his words made some people feel like they were sitting on pins and needles.

    The atmosphere at the dinner table was subtly frozen for a moment.

    Being publicly refuted by his nephew, as usual, Earl Yan En could not help but walk away, but the mess of the festival is still vivid, without Mo Yun's help, Yan En seems to have cut off his own arm.

    His cruelty to his allies was seen by the nobles, and they were inevitably disappointed. Many nobles who had tried to get close to him gradually alienated and turned to Yan Zui's command.

    People around who heard this little episode secretly paid attention to Yan Zui's face.

    The city lord, who has been in office for less than half a year, is really powerful despite his young age.

    Taking the matter of the festival as a fuss, they fought repeatedly, shoveling the alliance between the earl and Mo Yun to pieces, and taking advantage of the opportunity to drive away Yongye, to forge an unbreakable prestige in the hearts of the people.

    With just one sentence, he easily won over a mysterious and powerful new officiant.

    Uncle and nephew, each other's power ebbed and flowed, and in a blink of an eye, the power balance was adjusted. The newly appointed young city lord gradually stabilized his foundation, while the earl and his wife, who had been in business for many years, were in jeopardy.

    If it wasn't for fear of fame, it would be inconvenient to attack his own uncle in front of the people of the city, whether Earl Yan En can sit here tonight is still a mystery.  

   With his nephew's approaching every step of the way, Earl Yan En's face changed again and again with the eyes of his colleagues watching a show. The appearance of the nephew bowing his head and surrendering.

    In just a few moments of eye contact, the attendant has moved the seat of the officiant to the left of Yan Zui according to the order of the city lord.

    Shen Qingze followed kindly, dragging the hem of his long sacrificial robes, followed slowly, and formally sat down.

    He looked at this and then at that, feeling amazed in his heart, as if he was watching a wonderful live drama. He is clearly in the center of the storm, but he has nothing to do with him, just like the calm in the eye of a typhoon.

    It's really interesting. he thinks.

    In the eyes of these nobles who have lived here for generations, Abyss City is the whole scenery in their eyes, but to Shen Qingze, a visitor from another world, this small city is no different from a small earth city in a corner.

    A servant came up to pour wine, but Yan Zui pressed down with one hand, he naturally took the silver tin flagon, and filled a glass for Shen Qingze himself.

    Yan Zui stood up slowly holding the cup: "Everyone."

    Then everyone stood up, and the guests in the distance couldn't help but calm down and looked at him.