26.Tax Resistance

Boya Viscount Mansion.

    The lamb chops on the dining table were not eaten by anyone, and they were gradually getting colder. Several young nobles smiled and chatted about what they had, and glanced towards the door from time to time.

    Only Viscount Boya calmly cut the lamb chops and put them into his mouth piece by piece.

    The butler who answered the door went back and forth: "My lord, the officiant is just outside the door, and he has arrived in person. Do you think... is someone coming in?" The little nobles looked at each other and wanted to say goodbye, but they didn't dare to say goodbye. , had to fidget and move half of the buttocks on the chair.

    It wasn't until the third piece of lamb was chewed and swallowed that Viscount Boya put down the knife, wiped his mouth slowly, and said, "Since the officiant is here, you can't be too rude, then open the door."

    The butler nodded, and was about to bow out when he was stopped by the other party.

    "Open the side door."

    The butler froze, the muscles on his face twitched unnaturally, and asked tentatively: "The side door? After all, it is the officiant, and he doesn't even open the front door. Could it be..." The little nobles on the side He couldn't help persuading him in a low voice: "If you refute the face of the chief priest like this, if you make him angry and order those guards to rush in, what should you do? It's going to be a big mess, and it won't end well..." "Huh."

    Boya The Viscount placed the wine glass heavily on the table, and with a heavy sound, several people's hearts trembled.

    "Rush in? What name did he rush in? If he did that, he would be breaking into a house. Could it be that all the guards I raise are vegetarians? If there is a conflict, I am self-defense. If it spreads, it will only damage his own." Prestige."

    Viscount Boya thought for a while, and then cautiously told the housekeeper: "For the outside world, just say that the gate is under repair these days, and it can't be opened. Please come in through the side door." The little nobles didn't say anything,   just Flattering with a smile on his face, "Lord Viscount is right, we didn't shut him out. After today, the whole Abyss City will know that if Lord Priest wants to see you, he can only go through the side door honestly."

    Pleased by which word, Viscount Boya couldn't help showing a smile, leaning his upper body back into the back of the chair, waved his hand to let the butler pass the message, and picked up the wine glass with the other hand to let the maid fill it up for himself.

    ※※※

    Outside the gate of the Viscount's mansion.

    Jin Da was still barking at the door aggressively, and the poor carved wooden door was shaking all over, suffering from his torment, making toothache creaking noises constantly.

    After a while, Jin Da's hands were almost sore, a small narrow door on the side suddenly opened, and a little old man who tried to calm down came out. He was the housekeeper of the Viscount's mansion.

    The little old man bowed deeply in the direction of the carriage: "I'm sorry for keeping the chief priest waiting for a long time. The viscount is in the house, please follow me."

    Jin Da rolled his eyes and rubbed his sore wrist: "How can I still do this?" Open the door soon."

    The butler hesitated in embarrassment for a moment, opened his mouth, and gnawed: "Uh, this door has been under renovation for the past few days, so it can't be opened. Please, Master Priest..." Jin Da followed his