11.The city lord arrives

The council hall of the City Lord's Mansion.

    The ever-burning lamps on the four walls illuminate the hall brilliantly.

    Watching Xiao Meng's back disappear in front of the meeting hall, Earl Yan En's expression darkened instantly:

    "This Xiao Meng is really arrogant and unreasonable, if it wasn't for the sake of his value, how could I give him a good face? !"

    Priest Mo Yun looked down at the unrecognizable corpse, and frowned slightly: "Is this person really Yan Zui? I suddenly received news today that someone found this person in the outskirts of the city. There is nothing else other than jade."

    Earl Yan En said displeasedly: "What do you mean? Do you suspect that Yan Zui is not dead? The curse lines on his face cannot be faked. I saw it with my own eyes. It's still scary right now."

    Priest Mo Yun shook his head: "In that battle, the priest of the beast slave may not be the only one who was injured by the curse." "But what about jade?" Earl Yan En

    took out a piece from his neck that was exactly the same He knocked on the table impatiently, "There are only two pieces of jade, and I have the other one. There is no solution to such a curse, and he has died until now. He is already amazing!"

Mo Yun The officiant nodded slowly: "You are right, I hope he is really dead, so that we will have no worries."

    Earl Yan En's face paled slightly:

    "Take a step back, even if he is still alive, so what? After a while, the sacrifice is over, and those useless old things are offered to the Night God for blood food. The people in the whole city will hate him, their face will be ruined, and their reputation will be wiped out. ..."

    Priest Mo Yun rubbed the staff in his hand lightly, with doubts on his face: "I used astrology to predict the time when the night god will come, and the result I got at that time was clearly next month, but for some reason it was suddenly brought forward, so that our Not yet fully prepared."

    "There is also a sudden earthquake in Yeshen Mountain, and I can't predict the result."

    "I always feel that there are some variables that we haven't noticed, which disrupt everything. It's a pity that I'm not good at learning, and I can't predict the people who are related to me..." Earl Yan En didn't care about this,only He secretly laughed at the timidity of the other party: "Inadequate preparation? Are you implying that your cousin didn't donate enough iron equipment? Is it justifiable? All these years, his back is against the mine, and his iron shop Is he making money every day?"

    Mo Yun was a little dissatisfied: "He has tried his best."

    Yan En let out a cold snort from his nose: "Because of his incompetence, our armed forces are insufficient, otherwise we can directly To control the City Lord's Mansion, do you need to rely on Xiao Meng and waste all these hands and feet?"

    After all, it was because of losing face in front of Xiao Meng.

    Priest Mo Yun wiped the sweat from his forehead: "Don't worry, my lord, everything has been arranged. The guards near the altar have been replaced by our own people. No matter what happens, even if the people in the audience riot It can guarantee safety."

    After the last grain of sand flowed out of the huge hourglass on the fireplace, the two stood up from their seats.

    "It's time, let's start the sacrificial ceremony."