the grand final

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

June was standing backstage, ready for the flag parade. She had the Dutch flag around her shoulders, waiting for her que. She was performing as 25th, right after Joker Out. She was standing behind them, talking with them and Mae Muller, who was performing after her. 

"You look a little tired June, did you not sleep well?" Jan asked, smirking. "I slept like a baby." June smiled. "Like or with?" Jan teased. "Like." June retorted. "What is he talking about?" Mae asked June. "Nothing. I'll tell you later." June smiled, after shooting Jan an annoyed look.

June walked on the stage, waving her flag around. The crowd cheered, but it was over in a second. Then she had to ga backstage again, and since she was performing second to last, she had to wait. A long time

The performance had gone great, and now June had to wait again. She was talking with Amelia, and looking at the acts performing, singing along to the songs they were singing. "The fact that I am in the same room as Cornelia Jakobs is crazy!" She exclaimed. "And Daði Freyr too? Holy shit. We've been blessed." 

Amelia laughed. "You're such a fangirl it's crazy." "Wasn't that general knowledge?" June grinned. 

story by juneblom

June was sitting in her booth, her head rested on Amelia's shoulder. The jury points had just been announced. She had received 12 points from the juries, which was a little disappointing. She was third to last, so her televote points were almost announced, after Germany and Poland.

"Netherlands," Hannah started, "The audience at home have awarded you..." June leaned forward. "112 points." June gasped and hugged Amelia. "That's so good!" She said. She looked at her total points. 124. She was now 8th, but she would obviously still drop. 

She looked around and saw Joker Out all having their thumbs up. She grinned at them. Their points were about to be announced, and June looked at the tv screen in front of her again. 

"45 points." June clapped and cheered, even though her friends deserved way more. When they started to announce Portugal's points June ran up to Slovenia's booth, hugging her friends. "You did so well, you deserved so much more points." She told them.