back home

June stepped out of her car and knocked on the door of her parents' house. Her mom opened the door. "Junebug! Come in!" She pulled her daughter in for a hug. "I've missed you. How are you?" She leaned back and held her daughters face in her hands. June smiled. "I've missed you too mom. I'm good, just... tired." She entered the house, greeting her father and little brother with hugs. 

"Dinner's ready!" June's mother called her. "Tell us everything. Have you made any friends?" She asked her daughter just as she sat down. "Mom, you're acting like it's my first day of school all over again." June pretended to be annoyed, but she broke into a smile. 

"I have made a few friends actually. Joker Out, the band from Slovenia and Alessandra from Norway. Alika from Estonia as well, and Luke Black from Serbia. Also La Zarra and Käärijä. Actually, a lot of new people." Her mother smirked. "Yes, I saw on your Instagram that you are pretty close to that Joker Out band." 

June rolled her eyes, smiling. "Sometimes I regret teaching you how to use Instagram. But yeah, I am." She heard a knock on the door. "I'll go." She opened the door and saw Jas standing in front of her. "Jas!" She exclaimed before hugging her best friend. They walked in the house. "You're just in time for dinner." June's mom told Jas. "Laura! Alex! I've missed you guys." Jas greeted them like they were her own parents.

"And you of course Jake." Jas told June's younger brother. She sat down next to June. During the dinner the women gossiped, with some occasional comments from the men. Oh how June missed this. 

●○○○

●○○○

○●○○

○●○○