Chapter Thirteen

"I think Roman is ignoring me

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"I think Roman is ignoring me." Ansley huffs, crossing her arms as she takes a seat next to me on the ground.

"Porque eso?" I ask, moving some of the gun pieces away from her sitting figure.
(Why's that?)

"I told him that I loved him but he didn't say it back. Ralphy and Tanner always say it back." Ansley pouts with nearly tears in her eyes.

My eyes widen in shock. What has she been doing when I'm not with them? I can't help but wonder, why he didn't say it back? Ansley is only five, she throws around words she doesn't understand the meaning too.

"I'm never getting a boyfriend, they are too complicated." Ansley huffs again, taking my silence in a way to start talking again.

"When did you learn that word?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"What word?" She asks with the tilt of her head.

I can't help but feel as if joining, or whatever I am while being in this estate, is making me miss out on Ansley growing up. She's already pronouncing her words better and acting older. What happened to my baby?

"Complicated."

"Oh, Ralphy says it a lot. He talks about how girls are so complicated all the time!" Ansley exclaims, dragging out the word 'all'.

My eyes narrow at her words. He better not be teaching her bad things. I'll kill him if he's going into detail about what he does.

"So no boyfriend?" I ask, entertaining the conversation.

"No boyfriend." She says as if it was a chant, which makes me laugh slightly.

"You're too young for a boyfriend."

I turn my head at the voice, Roman stills into the room with his hands in his pockets. I watch as he takes a seat on the couch where we can still see him.

"No, I'm not. I'm five! That's old enough, right Mami?" Ansley looks at me with her big puppy eyes.

"Yes, mi bebé. I thought you didn't want a boyfriend though?" I say, raising my eyebrows towards her. I hear a grunt but ignore it.

"Well that was before." She says nonchalantly.

"Good luck finding one when you're surrounded with people 20 years older than you." Roman tells her as if it was a warning.

She narrows her eyes towards him before leaning up to my ear. "I'm going to find Ralphy, he's nice to me." She whispers before running out of the room.

The longer we've stayed here, the more people who know us and apparently, Ansley is very social with people so I'm not as worried as I was with her going to find someone.

"I've been meaning to talk to you, since Ansley is five, she needs to be put into a school." I tell him, resuming cleaning my guns.

"I'll get someone to come teach her." He says casually as if it wasn't a big deal.