Chapter Twenty-One

I promised to protect Ansley from all bad, all evil in this world and I used to think Roman was one of the evils I needed to protect her from

I promised to protect Ansley from all bad, all evil in this world and I used to think Roman was one of the evils I needed to protect her from. Well that was before I knew he would be the light to our lives.

I was scared and too anxious to see pass his harsh exterior to realize but now that I do; I'm able to see the bright look on Ansley's face when he's around, I'm able to see the glow around her from the slightest attention she gets from him.

So I let my walls down and open my arms for him without any hesitation, trusting he would treat us good.

"Mama." His tired voice fills my ears, making me shiver slightly underneath the warmth of my blankets.

I hum, keeping my eyes close.

"Do you want to come with me to take Ansley to school?" He mumbles as I feel his lips touch my forehead.

"Sure." I mumble before I stretch it my legs and arms, fluttering my eyes open to see Roman staring at me in amusement.

"This is a sight I could get used too." He says with a lopsided grin.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes as I sit up, knowing my hair is a mess and there's imprints on my face from my pillow.

He chuckles lowly as I stand and make my way to my bathroom, keeping the door open so I could hear him if he talks as I brush my teeth.

"Ay, d'you know you're a bed hogger?" Roman calls out as I hear the some shuffles.

"I am not." I say defensively over my toothbrush.

"Yeah, you are." Roman laughs.

"Than find your own bed to sleep in if it bothers you that much." I tell him before rinsing my mouth and wiping my face dry with a towel.

"I didn't mean it like that, I actually quite liked it. You were all over me." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

I walk out of the bathroom just as he makes his way to me, making him stand in my way while looking down at me with a smile. Even just waking up, he still looks hot.

His hair looks a little tousled and his eyes are a little puffy from waking up but he's still so handsome.

"Too early for this." I mumble, pushing him out of my way with a hand on his chest as I walk pass him but I couldn't get far before he pulls me back to him with the hand.

I stumble into his body before he presses his warm lips to mine. I eagerly hold him closer to my body, making him groan in approval as his hands tangles into my hair.

I entertain the idea for a little bit longer, only because I like kissing him before pulling away and patting his chest.

"Go get dress, you smell like me." I tell him before continuing my journey back to my closet.