Chapter Eighteen

"Okay, so we know that Alejandro is the one who organized the attack and he's working with the Russians

"Okay, so we know that Alejandro is the one who organized the attack and he's working with the Russians. We need to take down one at a time. Well deal with Alejandro first than take care of the Russian mafia." I say, looking at Tanner, Ralph, and Jasmine.

I figured since she has a past with Alejandro, she should be in this meeting. Not only that but the fact that she is the only soldier able to survive such injuries and still do the missions, it's the least I could do.

"How?" Tanner asks, crossing his arms.

"I have a plan but I need to discuss it further on with someone. So for now, just keep a look out and be prepared to do another mission soon." I tell them, nodding my head in a dismal.

"Mama, come here." I say, patting the spot on my desk that she normally sits on. Sometime over the last week, Ansley will be in here and Jasmine will follow and sit in the middle of my desk to watch us.

Jasmine sits in her spot, folding her legs underneath her as I scoot closer to the desk so that I could touch her.

"I would like for you to text Alejandro, telling him how much you miss him and how you made a big mistake leaving him. I know you want him dead but this is the only way I could think of doing it without anyone getting injured more than usual. If not than you will monitor me texting him." I tell her, watching as her chest rises and falls with anxiety.

"I'll do it but wouldn't they track my phone?" She asks, looking at where I rub her thighs.

"That's what I'm hoping for, if he asks, you will tell him that I am holding you and Ansley hostage. Do you think he thinks he's the father?" I ask, hearing her take a sharp inhale.

I know I'm digging deep but I'm just trying to end this war. People are nervous about the war going on further than it needs to be.

"Um, yeah, I guess. I could tell him that I got a DNA test done and he should believe it if he has his doubts." She mumbles.

"Good. I know this is a lot, mama. I'm just trying to do what is necessary to end this and keep my people and you and Ansley safe. I don't know what I'd do if you didn't come back home one day."

I shocked myself by my own honesty. I guess I've I thought about Jasmine and I but she's always hesitant to try new things. I'm going to make it my mission to prove to her that she is the one I want. She is a perfect person, mother, and soldier. She'll be a perfect Donna.

Her head snaps up as her eyes look wide at me as if she wasn't expecting me to say that.

"You can deny it all you want but I'll still be right here, worrying about you, holding you as close as I can." I tell her, looking straight into those brown eyes of hers.

"Roman." She breathes out, uncertainty laces in her voice.

"You have done wonders to my mafia and you continue to do wonders to it. When I first made you stay here, I thought you would hate me for forever and that you would try to run away but you didn't. You stayed and dealt with the harsh training I put you through and my horrible attitude. You stayed because Ansley was your first priority, you are selfless and kind. Your heart is pure gold and I plan to earn it."

A frown rests on her face as she tries to think of reasons as to why I'm saying this or how I could be saying this but I know why. I know that she was made for me.

"I'm going to kiss you now before Ralph tries to stop us." I smile slightly before leaning up, brushing my lips against her before barely touching them as I stay still. I want her to be the one to decide if she wants this or not.

Her hands slowly slide up my arms before they grip my face and lifts her chin so that her lips would meet mine.

A desperate sigh escapes my lips as I stand to move closer to her while my hands grips her waist, pulling her closer to the edge of the desk.

Her lips fit perfectly against mine, so soft and plush. She's everything in this god forsaken world and I plan to cherish every moment I get.

Her hand tangles into my hair as her other cups my jaw, she kisses me so sweetly. I've never been a big fan of kissing because most don't know how, it's always messing and to much saliva but Jasmine exceeds any expectations I have.

A groan escapes my lips when she tugs on my hair, creating a wave of shivers to roll down my spine.

I pull back, resting my forehead on hers as her ragged breathing blows on my lips. My eyes stares at her face as she closes her eyes and licks her swollen lips as if to savor the feeling.

My office door slams open, making me look above Jasmine as Ralph stands in the doorway with a look of shock.

"Baby! How could you?!"
———————————————————————
I look towards Jasmine who sits beside me as she laughs at something Ansley did. Ralph and Tanner somehow gravitated towards my end of the table.

"Ralphy is crazy, Mami. He started to runaway every time Tanner sees us, I think they're mad at each other." Ansley giggles, looking at the two in front of her.

"Oh really?" She asks, amused by the silence between the two men.

"Yes, look at them. They look so sad." Ansley says, looking at her mother with her big brown eyes.

Jasmine opens her mouth to reply but a ding from her phone makes her stop, looking at her phone with a frown before she hands me it.

I look at the text in disgust.

'It's about time you texted me. You finally figured out that you're nothing without me. You'll be in my arms soon enough, little one."

That's just nasty, calling her 'little one' as if he didn't buy her when she was nine. She was a child and he is absolutely disgusting.

"It's okay, mama." I talk get as I place my hand on top of hers. She quickly flips her hand so that she could hold mine in a tight grip.

"Roman, why do you call my Mami 'mama'?" Ansley asks, scrunching her face in confusion.

"Because she is my mama." I tell her, watching as she looks between Jasmine and I. 

"No she isn't. She's my Mami." Ansley pouts.

"Exactly, she is your Mami which makes her a mama. So she is my mama." I explain, chuckling as Ansley wraps her arms around Jasmine's neck, mumbling to herself about how she's her Mami and not mine.

Jasmine laughs at the interaction while rubbing a soothing hand on Ansley's back.