29. 𝖱𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗓𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 𝗍𝗐𝗈

Realization Part Two ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

MENTAL HEALTH was not something Blaze knew a lot about. He understood what it was, and that millions of people deal with it around the world, but he never truly understood mental health. He barely knew anything about it, what types of mental health there were, how it affected the human body, or why it happened.

Depression was a common thing among people, but why did it happen? Is it something to do with your brain that affects your well-being? Is it just random or a silent protest to protect yourself by forcing you to withdraw from everyone and shut everyone out? A mental way to protect yourself from harm before it ever happens.

He has learned that social withdrawals are a common factor of depression. A need to pull away from everyone else and be alone. Something he was starting to get used to but now it wasn't the need to be alone, he truly was starting to feel more alone than ever. He liked to be alone, but he didn't like to feel it. And being in his best friend's home because he no longer had one, getting ready for his first love's funeral made him feel more alone than ever.

"Are you ready?" Lydia knocked softly on the door wearing a small smile to try and provide him some comfort, but it did little to nothing to ease the void in his heart. He didn't feel okay at all; he felt seconds away from fainting and had the urge to sleep and never wake up again. His mind felt hollow, but his body felt heavy.

"Let's just get this over with," Baze stated fixing his tie one last time before he walked past Lydia who sighed wishing she could do more to help. It had only been a few days since everyone happened with Gerald and his parents dying and he had barely spoken or eaten, and it was starting to scare her more than it did before.

Women in dresses and men in suits walked into the church, smiling with pity and hugging Emily and Cassie who tried to look stronger than they felt. Blaze stepped out of the car with Lydia on his arm and walked up the steps with her parents. His face was emotionless until he put on the best fake smile someone could create as he approached Emily and Cassie.

"Blaze. I'm glad you could make it." Emily smiled softly at the younger boy, who almost sighed in relief. He has yet to speak with her and he still feared she would hate him, but she seemed to be okay with him, unless she was faking it out of respect because it was her son's funeral -- this is what overthinking must feel like.

"Of course." Blaze hugged her softly before glancing at Cassie who seemed to be holding herself better than he was.

"Hi, Blaze." Cassie greeted them with a sweet smile that made him automatically smile back at her.

"Hey, Cas. How are you?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." Cassie shrugged. not knowing what else to say.

"Baze, I don't think you've met Sam and Linda yet," Emily said, nodding at the older man walking towards them with a blonde who looked way younger than he did. Ahh, Ryle's father and the younger woman he was dating. Blaze thought, having seen pictures of him.