24. 𝖢𝖺𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖢𝗋𝗈𝗌𝗌𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾

Caught in the Crossfire | Act Two▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE WALLS of the hospital were something Blaze was getting used to and he started to hate it. He never understood why someone would want to work in one their entire life. It breeds pain and misery. Blaze would've avoided the hospital altogether if he could, but it appeared he was a man on a mission.

After his therapy session yesterday, which made him miss the attack at the school (which he was silently glad for), Dr. Pierce told him that he should always find answers to questions. Even if he didn't want them. Something about it might help him in more ways than he might know. Peace of mind or something along those lines.

"Mrs. Mccall." Blaze greeted the women at the front desk who looked surprised to see him but smiled neither less.

"Blaze, what a surprise. I don't need to check you in, do I? I've seen you here more than I like." Melissa stated, making the boy chuckle. He always liked Melissa, she was chill and was nothing like his parents. She reminded him of Emily in a way.

"No, actually I came to ask you something," Blaze said looking around not wanting anyone to find out what he was about to ask her.

Melissa narrowed her eyes at the boy but nodded anyway, "Okay."

"I don't know if you know this, but I'm adopted." Blaze blurted out as he leaned his arms against the desk.

"Your parents have always lived here and so have I. One minute they have a kid and the next they have a 10-year-old son. Of course, I do." Melissa nodded.

"They said they found me sitting at this hospital, someone had dropped me off but didn't stick around. I was wondering if you knew who he was?" Blaze hesitantly asked the older woman.

"You know, I don't think I was working that night. It was so long ago, I don't remember." Melissa frowned wishing she had better news to give him.

"I figured it would be a long shot." Blaze smiled tightly.

"Did your parents ever do a DNA test when they adopted you? Surely, they would have your records on who your biological family is?" Melissa asked the boy.

"I have no idea and I doubt they'd tell me." Blaze shrugged.

"Give me a minute." Melissa said as she sat down on the computer and typed in something Blaze looked around awkwardly and waited for her to finish, "Here it is. Blaze Anderson. You were brought on January 2nd, 2005, with smoke/fire inhalation. It says you had no memory of your past, only your name and age. You were found covered in smoke and ashes. Sounds like you were involved in a fire. Nothing about a man bringing you here. Weird, I figured there would be more here."

Blaze was quiet for a moment before thinking of something, "Do you guys keep security footage?"

Melissa knew exactly where he was going which made her eyes lighten up, " Yes, we do. Come here." She made sure no one was around knowing she probably shouldn't be doing this.