16. 𝖠𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗁

Aftermath | Act 2▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Aftermath | Act 2
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

GREIF HAS A LOT OF STEPS. Too many people don't like to admit it, they just want to wake up and move on with their life. They don't want to go through those steps because each step is a reminder of what they're going through and why they're in those steps of grief. Grief was like a staircase to Heaven, the top of the steps being peace, acceptance—a door to peace, meanwhile the bottom of the staircase was Hell, anger, pain—the door to suffering.

And the past few days, Blaze had been stuck at the very bottom, unable to think about taking the first step as he lays on his bed and stared blankly at his ceiling. That's all he's been doing. After he was forced to leave the hospital by his parents who gave zero shits about Ryle's death, he locked himself in his room, ignoring everyone and everything. He had not moved in days; he turned his phone from all the text messages he kept receiving and his stomach stopped growling for food a while ago.

He felt numb and tired and all he wanted to do was close his eyes and never wake up. Blaze wished all of this was a dream, some weird hallucination from the bite but deep down he knew it wasn't. Luck was never one to be on his side.

Speaking of the bite, he grew to not care for it, he didn't feel any different and he didn't care much for becoming a werewolf. If anything, he fucking despised it. He despised having to become the one thing that ruined his life. He hated Peter, he hated Derek, he hated Scott and Stiles but most of all he hated himself.

He hated being the reason Ryle was dead. The only reason he was even at the hospital was because he had come to visit him. If he had not been at the hospital to break up with Blaze, then he wouldn't have been on that road and he wouldn't have died.

His eyes closed over and his throat tightened as he reminded himself of his death. He knew he had to go to school tomorrow. His parents were forcing him no matter how much he didn't want to. He knew all the stares he was going to get and all the special treatment the teachers would give him because they felt bad. Having to see Scott and Stiles who just the thought of those two made him want to punch something.

Blaze thought being involved with their drama and being friends with him would make him lose Ryle, but he didn't expect to quite literally lose him. And that just gave him more reason to not want to see them. He was more than done with those two. They had caused him enough trouble and he just wanted to move on with this life.

━━━

Music blared through the club as sweaty bodies rubbed up against each other's, hands in the air as colorful lights flashed around the building, leaving everyone laughing and lost in their minds, confused by alcohol and drugs.

In the middle of the dance floor, there danced a shirtless and sweaty drunk Blaze who was drugged out of his mind. Wanting to forget about the entire world, he forced himself out of bed and headed straight toward his usual club. The last club he was at with Ryle, but he forced himself to forget about it as he took whatever pills would make him happy and danced the night away.