18. 𝖮𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝖧𝖾𝗅𝗉

Offered Help | Act 2▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     BLAZE had been feeling seclusion lately – The state of being private and away from others. An odd thing for him as Blaze was always someone to be around lots of people, at a club, one of Lydia's parties, or just a group of friends at school, he was always with someone but lately, he hated the idea of being around people.

Everyone acted as if he was glass, ready to break if someone said the wrong thing. Everyone wanted to be around him to make sure he was doing okay or to make sure he wasn't going to do something stupid. He felt like everyone was trying to keep him within arm's reach, like some child who was going to run away, and it was starting to piss him off.

"Blaze-" Scott tried to get his attention from where he sat at the table in the cafeteria, but trailed off when Blaze walked past him, not sparing him a glance as he walked over to a table with one boy sitting there and sat down on the other side, catching the boys attention. Blaze thinks he's met him before, but he wasn't sure, and he didn't care.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Blaze couldn't help but ask. If he was alone and some idiot came to sit with him when he didn't want them to, he'd probably punch them.

"You're already sitting." The boy shrugged not caring, but he was secretly wondering why the Blaze Anderson was sitting across from a loser like him.

Blaze stared at him for a moment, before nodding and stared at the food in front of them but that made him feel sick to his stomach. Needing a distraction, he looked at the boy across from him, "What's your name and why are you eating alone?"

"Boyd, and why are you eating with me?" Boyd asked him with a straight face.

"Boyd? Your parents named you Boyd?" Blaze asked with a raised eyebrow. He's heard worse. Stiles was the biggest example, but he still thought it was weird.

"Boyd is my last name," Boyd stated.

"What's your first name?" Blaze asked out of curiosity.

"Vernon."

"Well, that makes sense then."

"I know your name is Blaze. When I hear Blaze, I think of Lightning McQueen." Boyd said bluntly as Blaze started at him for a moment before chuckling humorously.

"I like you, Boyd." Blaze pointed his fork at him, making the boy's lips lift a tad before it falls when Stiles sat beside Blaze, looking suspicious as ever.

"Boyd. You got the keys?" Stiles asked the kid as Blaze watched them, curious about what they were talking about,

"This isn't a favor-- it's a transaction." Boyd placed his hands in front of him.