Chapter 24

I giggled, as I swung on this beautiful garden. I looked beside me to see him swing and giggle with me. We've been playing all day in this garden, and we just finished eating lunch at his house. I remembered being so happy, playing and discovering things with him.

We were now sitting on the grass as I smelled the flowers on the little basket that I have. I collected different flowers from the garden today and it made a smile on my lips as I inhaled the aroma. I then put a daisy on my left ear, feeling so pretty with the flower on my ear.

"Moo, am I pretty?" I asked him, smiling sweetly as I hoped for him to say yes.

He looked at me, with his wide eyes and gaped lips. I giggled at his reaction as I asked him again. "Moonieee am I pretty?" He then looked away as he hid his face from me. "No, You're not pretty." He said.

I gasped dramatically, as a kid my feelings were easily hurt. My eyebrows frowned at his answer as I crossed my arms while a pout appeared on my lips. "You're lying!" I complained. "Don't lie!"

"I'm not lying." He said, still not looking at me.

My eyes watered at his words as tears welled up my eyes. "I'm pretty! You're the one who's ugly!" I sniffed, trying to stop tears from falling. He finally looked at me when he heard me sobbing, his eyes softened as he looked down once again. He didn't say anything until I asked again.

I wiped my tears away as I asked him again, "Am I pretty?" but this time, I made a cute face. He looked at me and smiled at my actions as he finally spoke, "Yes, you're really pretty Moo." He giggled as I kept making cute faces. I giggled, satisfied at his words.

"You're pretty to Mooniee, I don't think you're ugly." I said, feeling guilty of what I said earlier. He smiled as he ruffled my hair and patted it as if I was a puppy.

"Why do you always pat my head? Do I look like a dog huh?" I asked, pouting at his actions. He laughed, patting my head again. "You're my little puppy~" He said. He then riffled my hair too hard, making my hair look like a bird's nest.

"Hey what did you do that for!" I whined, trying to fix my hair. I glared at him as I started to run after him. He laughed as he ran away from me, he was confident that I wouldn't be able to catch him. I laughed as he almost stumbled and fell while I ran after him around the garden.

We're sometimes friends, yet sometimes enemies...

We're frienemies...

Present:

I looked at his familiar deep eyes as I smiled, he smiled back kissing the top of my head as he embraced me in his arms. The sound of the door opening was heard, making our heads turn on my room's door. We found the three idiots looking at us with a grin on their lips, wiggling their eyebrows.

I laughed at the sight, shaking my head lightly. "I felt a little guilty when you both started yelling at each other," Ivy giggled. "But I don't regret it." She said looking at our situation. I gasped as I realized that he heard our conversation about her.

"I-Ivy, I'm sorry. I thought you were—" Her giggles cut me off, making me look at her.

"It's fine Kat, It was kinda funny and cute at the same time. Don't worry, I'll be the first to scold the hell out my brother if he ever hurts you," She said in the last sentence, glaring playfully at Aiden. Aiden ruffled my hair as he spoke, "I would never hurt you." He said, giving me a soft peck on my cheek.

"You better not!" I threatened him playfully.

"Congrats man~" Julian said, bro hugging Aiden.

"I'm so happy for you, Kat. You finally found your love." She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back as I still couldn't believe that we're finally together. Turns out, this is the best day of my life. The best birthday gift I ever had. I thought this day was going to be the worst day, but I was wrong. It was the bestest day ever!