Chapter 7

"So, what do you think?" Katherine asked Zoe about her plan. Zoe shook her head in disbelief as she couldn't believe what Katherine was doing.

"Are you seriously going to prank your own boyfriend with this?" Zoe asked, raising her brow.

"Whatever." Katherine playfully rolled her eyes as she sighed.

"See you after class then." Zoe waved Katherine goodbye as she headed towards her classroom. As she sat on her seat, she felt someone sat beside her. She then looked up as her jaw dropped in schock.

"W-what are you doing here?" Zoe asked the person.

"Am I not allowed to sit here now?" He said as he raised his brow at her. She gulped as she looked down.

"N-no, Abby sits here." She reasoned. A chuckle slipped out of Julian's lips as he looked ahead to their seat. She pointed his index finger to Abby who was sitting on his old seat.

"Abby wanted to exchange seats, I'll be sitting here from now on." He simply said. Zoe widened her eyes as she glared at Abby who was flashing her an apologetic smile. Zoe then looked at Julian only to see him already paying attention in the lesson. Her heart beat fasten as if it would break out any moment, she doubts that the boy beside her doesn't hear her fast heartbeats.

Zoe looked to the teacher's direction as she tried to focus on the lesson. However, it didn't work at all. Her crush sitting beside her was just too much for her as her head wanted to focus on the lesson, yet her heart wanted her to to focus on Julian's handsome face. The face she addore.

"Ms. Carson?" Zoe was awakened from her thoughts when she heard her surname being called by the teacher. Zoe looked up as she looked at the teacher—she didn't know what was happening as she wasn't paying any attention.

"Y-yes?" She asked nervously.

The teacher sighed as she held her head showing her disbelief. The teacher once again looked towards Zoe's direction as Zoe stiffened "You got the lowest score again, you need to do better next time, understand? Or else I don't have a choice but to have someone to tutor you."

Zoe heard faint laughs as she looked down feeling embarrassed. Julian looked at her as he saw embarrassment and sadness in her eyes yet he didn't show any emotion.

Zoe was feeling embarrassed especially when Julian was beside her. 'He must think I'm stupid now ...' She thought. She kept her head low, not daring to look at anyone, especially Julian.

"And for the highest score, Mr. Clarkson." Zoe formed a faint smile on her lips showing how happy she is for him, yet it didn't last as she realized that she was not a perfect match for him. She thought that she was not 'smart enough' for him. It made a painful sting in her heart as she stayed her head low.

Everyone clapped for Julian's achievement, they were cheering for him. No wonder he was popular, he was a total package. He has the looks, the body, the athletic skills in football, and the brains. Comparing herself to Julian, she was not a total match for him—she thought.

****

Time passed by as the class was now finished. Zoe didn't dare to look at Julian the whole class, she was feeling down. She avoided his gaze everytime their eyes were to meet. She then stood up from her seat as soon as the class ended. It was lunch time, but instead of heading to the cafeteria, she ended up in the garden instead.

She sat on a bench as she let her tears release, she was bringing her emotions out of her system. She was always treated like this ever since she was little. Her parents were strict and wanted her to be perfect in everything she does. She tried and tried to make them proud yet it was never enough for them.