Chapter 1

"Serendipity, finding something good without looking for it; And I found you. My Serendipity..." Those words were the last words of the main character as he smiled looking at the love of his life, his Serendipity.

Katherine wiped her tears away as she finally finished the book—her favorite—that she was reading. 'When will I be called someone's serendipity?' She thought as she was definitely jealous of the main character's life. She felt sad that she finally finished reading her favorite book; with a heavy heart, she finally closed the book leaving a sad sigh from her lips.

"What's with the sad face?" Her best friend, Zoe asked. She looked at her from the mirror, seeing the sad face and the little pout in her lips. Katherine looked up to her friend who was driving in the driver's seat of their car.

"Another finished story, I'll miss reading this. It was so good!" she explained. She always loved reading books and would constantly feel sad everytime she finished reading it; It has always been a habit of hers to read, and that's where she also found her passion in writing—which her parents were against at.

"Why don't you just reread it again?" Zoe suggested. It was as simple as that, but no. It was not. It's different if you read a book without knowing a thing as if reading it for the first time again.

"I wish I could read it for the first time again ..." She replied, leaning her head on the car's glass window.

Zoe chuckled at her shaking her head a little. "You've been wishing for the same thing in every book you read, and you already know that's impossible."

"But still ..." The girl pouts looking outside as the rain pours making the glass window wet from the outside. The red light was flashed on the traffic lights making every car stop including their car. As the car stopped, one car stopped right beside them left and right.

Katherine was busy looking outside as her thoughts flew from the things that happened in her life. The only reason why she's here in the car, moving to New York was to get away from her past and her problems. She wanted to be a writer but she was unlucky enough to be born as the daughter of a famous company. Now her family expects her to be the next owner and model of their company—which she had no interest in— believing that being a writer won't bring her success. And now here she is, moving to New York to study college and prove them all wrong .

Lost in her thoughts, her eyes landed on a pair of silver gray ones. She looked at the person only to find him looking at her too. She stared at the person observing his features; Sharp seductive gray eyes, Tall cute nose, perfectly shaped eyebrows, dark black hair, and ... pink plum lips.

She was stunned by the boy's features. He looks familiar ... She thought still looking at the boy in the other car next to theirs. The boy was around her age; he looked at her with his deep mysterious gaze making her wonder what his thoughts were. She then realized that she was staring at him for too long, she then smiled shyly as she looked away from the boy's direction.

The green light flashed just in time making the vehicles continue driving off, making their car ahead of the car beside them. Katherine shook her head, not believing what just happened. Sleepiness and tiredness took over her as she released a tired yawn stretching her arms out.

"Are we close to our apartment yet?" She asked Zoe who was busy driving.

"Yeah, it will take about ten minutes." She informed her.

****

The day passed pretty fast after they came to their apartment, they started to unpack their things that took hours. Katherine was now laying on her bed tiredly as she just finished arranging her things, especially her books. She tiredly sighed, feeling her muscles ache from standing and cleaning all day.

She opened her eyes as she looked at the ceiling deep in her thoughts. Suddenly her mind flies to the same silver gray eyes of the boy she had a staring competition with at the other car earlier. His features were familiar yet she couldn't put a finger from where she saw them. The boy somehow looked like a prince that just came out of a novel—which she will be happy to meet—yet mysterious and holds a different aura.

Speaking of novels, she decided to reread her favorite book—although it will be better if she could read the novel for the first time again—she still wanted to reread the book as she was still not ready to say goodbye from its own reality and it's characters.

Changing into her pajamas, She grabbed her book as she sat on her bed. She opened the book about toread the first page when her phone rang making her turn her head towards its direction. She looked at the caller ID only to see her mother calling her.

She sighed as the sudden call desturbed her reading, she then picked up the phone as she answered the call.

"Kat, why are you so stubborn?! I told you, being a writer will not make you successful and rich!" She heard what her mother said from the other side of the phone. Maybe she was right, but money was not the reason and definitely not what the motivation for her to write. She loves writing, and it makes her happy—yet her own mother couldn't understand this.

"Mom, I love writing. It's my thing and my passion, and I will prove you wrong!" She spat out almost in a annoyed tone. Her mother has always been like this and she's sick of it, that's why she decided to leave with Zoe here in New York. She wanted to follow her dream and passion, no matter who is against it.

"But you're not as good as you do in your first course! You're just going to waste our money with this new course of yours." Her first course was Bachelor of Science in business administration—which was for handling their business. She was great at the chosen course but she wasn't happy.

"No Mom, I 'll prove you wrong. I can be good at what I love." She argued. She never argued with her mother and always obeyed her, but this situation was different. She wanted to keep doing what she loves the most. Writing.

"Let's make a deal, if you passed that course then I will let you." Her heart starts beating fast as if it was about to break out hearing her mother's words. She was happy until ...

"However, if you failed—you have to go back here in Italy and be the next model and CEO of our company, whether you want it or not." She can feel her mother's smirk on the other side of the call. She didn't like what she heard, she hated it yet she was ready to face it all.

"Deal." She uttered. This was it. It was time to prove them wrong, that following your happiness and passion makes your life truly meaningful and successful.

The call then ended as a sigh left her lips.

"I can do this, we can do this Katherine ... Let's prove them wrong!" She said to herself.

She was ready, ready to fight for her dreams. She figured that she needed to study a lot, she didn't even care if she'll look like a nerd who's all about studying and reading books. She just wanted to pass and finally do the things she loves and not what others expect her to do. She wanted to be herself. To be free ...

"I wonder what the future holds for me ..." 

This was for the first chapter~
Please comment your thoughts and emotions, I really love reading your comments!

Lots of love!

- Winter ❄️