Chapter 6

Walking in the hallways, Katherine had her thoughts clouded because of the recent things that were happening. She reached her locker as she opened the lock with her key, she put her books in and replaced it with another one. As she was busy checking her schedule on her planner, she heard voices that appear to be whispering. She looked around as she held a confused expression.

She looked around trying to find the person—or persons—that the voices belonged to. As she followed the voices, it led her to the janitor's closet. She heard a familiar male voice and a feminine one, she then started to overhear their conversation.

"I-I can't do it." The male said. A frown formed on Katherine's face as she found this voice familiar. She peaked through the door to see Aiden talking to someone, his back facing her.

"Why? What stopped you? I thought you hated her?" The girl in front of him asked. Katherine leaned a little to see the girl he was talking to. It was Libby, the famous campus queen—at least that's what she thought to herself.

"I don't know... There's something I saw in her. She—she doesn't deserve this." Aiden defend. Katherine once again, frowned as confusion took over her.

'Is he in love or something?' She thought.

"But you've already agreed to this!" Libby whispered. Aiden sighs in frustration as he looks down at the ground. He lifted his head as he looked at Libby.

"Look, I know I agreed to do this ... but I don't want to, at least— not anymore." He explained.

"Why? Give me the reason!" Libby asked.

"It's because I don't want to hurt her! Because I love her!" Aiden yelled in frustration making Libby flinch. Libby looked at him in disbelief as for Katherine—she was beyond shock.

'Aiden? In love? What an unlucky girl.' Katherine thought.

"Wha—" Before Libby could ask him something, the bell rang indicating that class is starting. Katherine's eyes widened as she quickly ran out of there. She reached her classroom as she pants for air. She sat down on her seat as she calmed herself down, she then fixed herself as she was looking like a mess.

A few minutes later, the teacher came with books with her. Just then Aiden came as he opened the door, he looked at Katherine. Their eyes met each other as they stared at each other. Katherine formed a smile on her lips as she looked at him. Aiden was confused but was interrupted when the teacher spoke.

"And why are you late Mr. Blackstone?" She asked.

"I'm sorry ma'am, it won't happen again." Aiden replied. He then walked towards his seat beside her. Aiden sat on his seat beside Katherine.

Katherine looks at him while Aiden does the same. All of a sudden Aiden's lips formed into a sweet smile, making Katherine shocked. Aiden shifted his gaze at the front as he started to listen to the teacher.

Meanwhile, Katherine was still in shock. 'Did he just smile at me?' She thought. Her heart suddenly skipped a beat as she was still looking at him. He was looking in front not aware that Katherine was staring at him. Aiden then felt someone staring beside him making him look beside him, Katherine quickly looked away as she felt panic all of the sudden.

'What's wrong with me?' She asked herself as she felt a weird feeling that she only feels when reading a romantic scene in a book. She didn't want to know what that feeling was, instead she shrugged her 'unimportant thoughts' as she tried to focus on the lesson.

She then started to write notes without noticing that someone was glaring at her from afar. She was burning in jealousy looking at Katherine and Aiden together. She hated it, and for sure that she'll do anything to get that hatred to get to them.