Chapter 2

"Kat are you done yet?" Zoe shouts, calling her friend as they were already running late. Today was their first day of school, their first day at their new school where they transferred. Zoe taps her fingers on the driving wheel of the car waiting patiently for Katherine.

Soon Katherine arrived still brushing her hair with a toast between her lips. Yup, she woke up late. Again ... It was normal for Katherine to be late and Zoe was just ... used to this.

"Sorry, I'll try not to oversleep again." She apologized, biting a piece of the toast that she held in her hand. Zoe chuckled, shaking her head a little, she heard that statement from her best friend many times yet here she is-still having problems with oversleeping.

"Yeah right." Zoe joked, making Katherine's lips curve into a slight smile. She really did say that many times but she herself got used to it. She really needs to change this habit of hers, it is not helping her at all. She might get kicked out if she gets late too often-and of course she didn't want that.

Zoe started to drive off to the university that they were enrolled in. On the other hand, Katherine was nervous; different kinds of thoughts reached her mind. This was important to her, her only chance to do something for herself. Or else ... or else she would be forced to do something she didn't like at all.

Parking their car as they finally arrived at the gates of the university, they stepped out of the car only to be greeted by loud screams. It wasn't terrifying scary screams, but screams of girls fangirling about something or ... someone.

Katherine looks at their direction as she sees the girls fangirling towards a black Lamborghini.' Perhaps there was a celebrity inside the luxurious car?' Katherine thought, judging by the amount of girls fangirling and the luxurious lamborghini that she can not afford... yet ...

"What's going on?" Asked Zoe to her best friend as she frowned in confusion. Katherine was confused as she is, they stare there dumbfounded not knowing anything of what's happening at all.

"I have no idea." Katherine replied.

Soon the front door of the car opened as a tall black haired man stepped out of the car with a dashing smirk plastered on his face. Katherine and Zoe didn't see his face as he was back facing them as he faced the crowd. Another man stepped out of the car. He was a tall, brown haired handsome young man. As the second guy stepped out of the car, the crowd fangirls even more.

Still standing there, they didn't know what was happening nor did they know who those guys were. The black haired guy suddenly turned his gaze towards them as his eyes met Katherine's chocolate brown ones. The girl's body stiffened and her eyes went wide when she finally saw the guy's face. His silver gray eyes ...

It was him ...

The car guy! She thought. The guy looked at her as if trying to examine her features. However, Katherine felt embarrassment as she remembered herself staring at him in the car shamelessly. She then covered her face praying for him to not recognize her.

She peaked through her fingers only to see him smirk at her. That's it!. She then grabbed Zoe with her inside the school as fast as she could. She was still avoiding his gaze as his eyes were watching her every move. As for Zoe, she was confused about what's up with her best friend suddenly dragging her away.

As they reached the hallways with the other students, Zoe looked at Katherine weirdly.

"Why are you in such a hurry all of the sudden?" She asked, still confused.

"Remember the car guy I told you about?" Katherine started. Zoe nodded remembering her telling about the guy she stared at the other car shamelessly. "He ... he's that black haired guy that just came out of the car ..." She confessed.

Zoe widens her eyes as mouth opens wide. "He's him?" She asked.

"Yes, and I never felt so embarrassed my whole life before. That's why... I... I wanted to avoid him." Zoe nodded understanding her. She suddenly looked up behind Katherine as her expression changed all of the sudden.

"There he is!" Zoe pointed behind Katherine, making the girl panic and hide behind her back. "Where?" Katherine asked, completely panicked.

Soon Zoe started to laugh at her reaction. Katherine glared at her best friend as she continued laughing, she then fixed herself; she was not surprised by her action any more. Best friends do these things, teasing each other even for the most unnecessary reasons.

"That was not funny." Katherine playfully hits her arm.

"Well it was to me." She joked. Katherine playfully rolled her eyes as they headed to the principal's office to get their schedule and their locker number.

****

After getting their schedule, they headed towards their scheduled class. Katherine walked nervously to the classroom that she was assigned in. She wished that Zoe was with her but her class was different from hers-she just hoped that she doesn't bump into that black haired guy, whoever he is.

She then stopped at the door of the room she was assigned in, a shaky breath escaped her lips as she closed her eyes trying to calm herself down. This is it ... She finally opened her eyes as she knocked at the door. The door was opened by a female teacher who welcomed her with a smile.

"Are you Katherine Hartz? The new student?" She asked.

Katherine smiled back as she replied politely, "Yes, I am ma'am."

The teacher nodded as she introduced herself, "Welcome, I'm Mrs. Jane Adams. You can call me Mrs. Adams."

The teacher then stepped inside as she started to speak, catching the attention of the class, "Attention, we have a new student. She's from Italy and she just transferred here." Mrs. Adams looked at Katherine's direction, signaling her to come inside as well. Seeing this, Katherine stepped inside as she introduced herself.

"Hi everyone, I'm Katherine Hartz from Italy ... You can call me Kat, nice to meet you all." She smiled sweetly.

She then suddenly felt someone's stare from afar, it felt like it was piercing through her soul. She then looked in that direction only to meet the same gray eyes. It was him, the guy with the black hair and silver gray eyes. Her eyes widened a little as she was shocked seeing the guy in her class. Was this all planned by god? She asked herself. There was only one word that left her lips in a whisper.

"Shit ..."

To be continued...