Chapter 5

"Fudge." Katherine whispered.

"You mean fuc—" Aiden was cut off by Katherine as she grabbed both sides of his shoulders, looking at him with a serious yet panicked expression.

"You need to hide! Now!" Katherine whispered to him. Katherine looked around to find a hiding spot for the giant man infront of her, he was definitely larger than her figure— so large that he was so hard to hide in the closet. The bathroom was risky, Zoe has a habit to go to her bathroom to check if she still has the girly products she needs. She was a caring big sister to Katherine.

"Kat?" Zoe's voice was heard at the other side of the door. Katherine's reflexes reacted to the adrenaline that she was experiencing, causing her to push Aiden at the side of her bed. Aiden groaned in pain as he hid himself in the side of her bed. He was glaring at Katherine.

The door opened as Zoe stepped in with the box of pizza in her hands. Katherine nervously looks at Zoe as she tries her best not to be suspicious.

"Oh, Zoe! Finally, L-let's eat the pizza in the living room a-alright?" Katherine stuttered. Zoe looked at her weirdly as she sat down to her bed. She opened the box as the aroma of the pizza filled the room, making Katherine and Aiden feel hungry and starving.

"No, let's eat it here. Dig in!" Zoe announced.

Katherine sat on the other side of the bed as she made sure that she was covering Aiden's figure from Zoe's sight. She then took a slice of pizza in her hand and smelled the delicious aroma. She was about to bite on it when she felt a slight tap on her lower back. She slightly looked at Aiden and saw him gesturing for her to give him some of the food.

Katherine secretly gets a slice of pizza and gives it to Aiden without Zoe noticing. She was surprised by herself as she didn;t get caught by her best friend.

"So, how was the party?" Katherine asked as she munched the slice of pizza in her hand.

"It was fun, but it would've been more fun if you were there." She looked at Katherine with a pout on her lips. Katherine chuckled at her as she finished eating the third slice of pizza. Yep, third slice.

"Maybe in the future Zoe ..." Katherine said as she glanced down to see Aiden still eating.

****

Katherine was trying to get Zoe out of her room for thirty minutes now, and she finally left her room. A sigh escaped her lips as she locked the door and hurriedly headed to Aiden's hiding spot. She stopped in her tracks only to see him already asleep. Katherine then shook his figure to wake him up.

"Aiden, wake up!" She said, still shaking him.

She decided to quit as she stood up, looking at his sleeping figure. "Whatever, sleep on the floor—it's your fault for coming here anyway." Katherine laid on her bed as she closed her eyes.

As she closed her eyes, she tried to sleep but she couldn't. It was because she felt guilty leaving Aiden laying on the floor. She then stood up and walked towards Aiden. She then started to carry his heavy figure as she put his arm around her shoulder, she then threw him in the bed and took off his shoes.

"Why do I have to do this anyway?" She asked herself as she finally laid on her bed facing the wall. Her back was facing Aiden.

Soon Katherine has fallen asleep as she closed her eyes, drifting off to dreamland.

****

The sunrise hits Katherine's face as she squirm around adjusting to the sunlight. She felt a heavy weight on her waist as she slowly opened her eyes. She looked up as her eyes widened, she saw Aiden beside her. He cuddled with her and she cuddled with him. Aiden finally opened his eyes as they stared at each other with wide eyes.