Chapter 12

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” She slowly clapped her hands as she walked towards their table. 

Katherine turned her gaze to the person to whom the voice belonged to, she frowned as she saw the person who disturbed the moment. Katherine widened her eyes as she saw Libby with an evil smirk on her face. 

“Looks like the enemies we knew forgot why they hated each other, should I remind you?” She smirked.

“What do you want?” Zoe stood up as she closed her arms over her chest as she looked at Libby suspiciously.  Libby laughed as she looked at Aiden who was glaring at her. Libby raised a brow as she saw Aiden’s glare towards her.

“Oh you’re glaring at me now?” She chuckled. “Tell me Aiden, what hit you in the head when you decided to be friends with this trash?” She asked as she looked at Katherine. Zoe’s mouth was left open as a loud gasp left her lips. 

“You bitch!” She yelled as she was about to run to Libby’s direction. Julian quickly stopped her by holding her wrist. Zoe looked at Julian with a frown on her face, she was confused as to why he’s stopping her. “She’s not worth it.” Julian whispered.

“Woah, now the girl who’s needing a tutor has the audacity to fight me.” Libby laughed as Katherine, Aiden and Julian glared at her. Zoe looked down as she felt her heart being crushed at Libby’s words. Katherine’s anger rises as she can't help to see her best friend in any pain, her heart clenched as she sees how hurt Zoe felt.

“And now you're angry? I was observing you two these past days, and seem to be starting to be close to each other.” She paused as she looked at Aiden. “I thought you hated her? No?” She asked as lightly laughed. 

“Well guess what? I still do, and you better be ready for what's coming Hartz.” She then turned her heel as she was about to walk out the scene when Katherine’s voice stopped her.

“I’d like to see you try.” Katherine smirked. 

Katherine turned her figure as she grabbed Zoe’s wrist. They were about to walk out when a splash and loud gasps was heard. Katherine looked behind her only to see Aiden’s back, she then walked on his side only to see him all wet. Her eyes widened at the sight, he protected her. 

Libby was holding a glass of water as she was about to pour it on Katherine when Aiden took her place. Libby froze on the spot as she saw who was in front of her. “I-I’m sorry Aiden—” 

She was cut off when Aiden pushed his hair back and faced Katherine who was still in shock. He held her wrist and looked at her eyes deeply. “Let’s go.” He remarked as he dragged her away leaving everyone in shock. 

Katherine looked at her wrist being held by Aiden as she pulled her wrist from his grip making them both halt in the middle of the quiet hallways. Aiden looked back at her as he raised a brow on her, wondering what happened. Katherine looked down as she played with her fingers. “I’m sorry, you got wet because—” 

“Don’t even continue that sentence.” He sighed. He scratched the back of his neck as he looked at her with a sly smile on his face. “You should be thanking me you know.” 

Katherine gasped as she mentaly cursed herself from not thanking him. “I— Thank you…” 

A smile formed Aiden’s lips, he didn’t know why but he loved it whenever she thanked him for something that he had done for her. It gives him a strange feeling that makes him happy and smile. Katherine looked up as she saw his smile, making her cheeks burn in redness. 

“Don’t worry,” Aiden started, as held her shoulders and bent down on her height. “I’ll always protect you.” 

Katherine’s heart started to beat fast as his words kept repeating in her mind as it made thousands of butterflies in her stomach. ‘It’s happening again’ She thought as she was suddenly lost in his gray eyes. She blinked  and blinked again as she let herself get lost in him.

“Katherine?” Aiden’s voice snapped on her thoughts as she flinched a little. 

“Are you okay?” He asked as he stood up properly, he was looking at her worried. Katherine looked away as she cleared her throat.

“Y-yes i’m fine, let’s head back to our room now.” She said as she immediately walked away, not giving Aiden time to speak. ‘I need to snap out of it!’ She scolded herself, fisting her hands. Although the feelings she felt were good, she didn’t want it to continue on. She felt scared of what might she’s feeling, she knows what her true feelings are but…

“I can’t fall for him, not him.” She whispered.

****

The class ended and Katherine’s mind was still clouded with her thoughts. She was now on her bed with a book on her hand. She was trying to distract herself from her crazy thoughts yet she couldn't focus on what she was reading. 

“What am I supposed to do~” Katherine groaned as she buried her face on her pillow. She started to get anxious at what she truly felt for her ex enemy. This cannot be, she can’t fall in love with someone like him. He was her enemy, she knows she’ll only get hurt because she thinks that Aiden won’t probably feel the same. 

She then recalled the conversation of Libby and Aiden. She heard him say that he already loved someone, it can’t be her— it’s impossible. 

“I’m doomed!” Katherine yelled against her pillow as she whimpered. She whimpered at the thought of Aiden loving someone else. She felt this anger, pain and sadness in her heart as she imagined him with another girl. “What’s wrong with meeee!” She groaned in frustration.

Sighing heavily, Katherine buried her face on the pillow as she groaned in frustration. “Why do you have to fall in love with him?! Of all people, why him?” She asked herself, questions still clouding her mind without rest. She then sat up and closed the book as a long yawn escaped her lips.

She was panicking about these uneasy feelings inside her heart, it felt like it would burst out any moment. It doesn't make sense why she was feeling that way towards her ex enemy. They were supposed to be angry at each other—but since Katherine saw a different side of Aiden, she started to go crazy about these feelings. 

A knock on her door was heard as she was forced to leave her comfy bed and open the door. As she opened the door, a nervous Zoes came into her sight. She looked at her as her eyes narrowed in confusion. “What?” She asked.

Zoe then signaled her that someone was at the door waiting for her. Katherine frowned as she headed towards the living room to find an unexpected visitor. Her eyes widened in shock as  she looked at the person in front of her eyes. She couldn’t believe it, it was her…

“Mother?” 

“Hello my dear, aren't you happy to see your dear mother?” She asked as she raised one of her brows. She then looked around their apartment with a questioning look on her face— as if she was questioning the place they live in. 

“Mom, what are you doing here?” Katherine asked suspiciously as she narrowed her eyes at her. 

“I'm just here to check on you. I know that you need my guidance since you don't even know what you're doing.” Her mother smiled innocently at her. 

“I know what I'm doing, Mom.” Katherine answers with a hint of annoyance. 

“I'll see that for myself. ” 

“What do you mean?” Katherine asked with confusion. 

“I'll be staying here for a week.” She simply said. 

“What?!”