Chapter 22

"Aiden?"

"Katherine? What are you doing here? How did you know this place?" He asked. I couldn't believe it, Was it him? All this time, it was him? I felt my eyes watering as my hands started to shake.

"Katherine? Are you alright?" He asked to bring me back to my senses.

"D-do you live here?" I asked.

He looked confused and puzzled as pursed his lips together before answering. "No, I was thinking of buying this though. This mansion is so big, and I really like the interior design of this mansion." My heart dropped, hearing his words.

It wasn't him.

Who am I kidding?

I suddenly remembered, he lives in an apartment with her girlfriend already. I mentaly face palmed myself for thinking such crazy thoughts. I looked back at him in embarrassment, he slowly walked towards me, hugging me tightly. "I missed you, Katherine." he whispered.

I remembered that I was avoiding him these days because of his girlfriend, he shouldn't do things like this to me. My heart kept hoping for nothing.

I cleared my throat as I pulled myself away from him, laughing nervously. "What? We're seatmates Aiden, how can you miss me? We're always beside each other." I played dumb. I gave him a fake smile as I changed the topic.

I looked at the watch on my wrist as I faked my gasp. "Oh, I'm late. I have— uh, an appointment! To the dentist!" I laughed nervously, walking away from there as soon as possible. "Bye!" I was about to step out of the gate when Aiden called my name, making me halt and look back at him.

"Happy Birthday, Katherine..." He smiled.

"Uh, Thanks.." I then rushed out of there. I looked down on the ground as I walked on New York's busy street, I couldn't believe what happened earlier, I really thought he was my childhood friend. I don't remember his name though, my memories are still unclear after the car accident when I was Eight years old. The memory I only had of this boy was when he visited me at our old house..

He said we were best friends, yet I couldn't remember who he was that day...

"Don't you remember me Katherine?" He asked.

"I d-don't, I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked, afraid of the little boy who was holding my hand. He looked a little older than me. He looked at me with a sad expression, making my heart feel like it was being torn apart.

"What's your name?" You asked.

"Just call me Moo, we call each other that. I can't believe you forgot your own best friend!" He pouts as he crosses his arms, sulking at me. I giggled looking at his sulking figure, I didn't know why but he did looked familiar to me.

"Want me to show you our secret place where we used to play?" He asked, smiling at me lovingly.

I couldn't figure him out, he was sulking just a minute ago, but now he's smiling at me. I giggled at the thought.

I nod in agreement as he excitedly held my hand with his, pulling me to the special place, where we used to meet. It was like a dream...

He held my hands as we finally reached the beautiful garden, he then tried to take one of the roses to give it to me but he ended up hurting himself with the thorns. His finger was bleeding, making me panic as a little child seeing blood, it triggered the memory of the accident.

My head started hurting as I sat on the ground holding my head, and curling into a ball while crying. "No, no, no!" I screamed.

"Katherine?!" The boy rushed to me, hugging me as he tried to calm me down.