Chapter 23

"I told you already! I don't love you! I will never!" Mom screamed as I covered my ears with my little hands, mom and dad were fighting again. Tears welled up my eyes as I quietly sob at night. I couldn't believe that my mom doesn't love dad anymore... Why me? Why does it have to be me?

Mom and Dad kept screaming and arguing at each other, I shook my head wanting to vanish at this moment.

But I couldn't.

I was six years old, and already broken.

I couldn't take it anymore, so I stepped out of my room and ran to the front door. My Mom and Dad didn't even notice me. I sat in front of our front door as I cried my eyes out. Few minutes passed, and a voice was heard in front of me.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. I looked up to see a boy who looked a little older than me. I looked down in embarrassment as I hid my face with both of my palms. I heard a chuckle coming from him.

He sat down beside me as I didn't look at him, I was avoiding his gaze. He was silent, he didn't say anything for the past few seconds. I then looked up to him, I saw him already looking at me with a smile. His smile was so beautiful, his eyes made a crescent shape while he looked at me. It looked like his eyes were smiling too.

"Why are you crying?" He asked for the second time.

"M-my parents, t-they don't love each other anymore..." a tear left my eyes as I remembered once again.

He suddenly stood up, making me look up to him. He then offered his hand to me, I gladly accepted it.

"I want to show you something." He said. He then pulled me with him as we ran to some place he wanted to show me. I didn't know why, but I felt like I could trust him.

He leads me to an ally with a dead end. I looked at him confused, when he suddenly kicked the left side of the wall and a door showed up. My eyes widened as he just proudly smiled at me. We entered the garden, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a beautiful garden.

"This is where I go when I feel sad." He said, as he sat on the swing. "You can come here when you're sad too, or when you want to play with me." He smiled, gesturing me to the other swing.

I sat on the swing beside me as I looked at the surroundings. Many beautiful flowers circled the swings, it looked like it was surrounding us.

At some time, we decided to lay down on the grass as we look up the stars shining in the night sky. I smiled looking at the stars.

"So pretty... " He said.

I looked at the boy beside me, realizing he was already looking at me. My cheeks heat up as I smiled at him shyly.

"I'll be your friend, forever." He smiled.

With that, I finally smiled. Finally a person who wants to be with me... a person who wants to be my friend, I found him...

(present)

"I dare you to go with Aiden alone in your room for ten minutes." I looked at the person with my eyebrows frowning. My eyes widened when I saw a smirk on her lips, it was...

Ivy?

"Ohhww" Zoe and Julian cheered. "Now that's a good dare!" Julian said, smirking to the both of us. I looked at Aiden who seemed to have a nervous expression like me. I looked at the three of them, and they were waiting for my answer. I was about to speak when I felt Aiden's hand in mine, I looked at him as he gave me a reassuring smile.