Chapter 19

Beep beep beep

A groan escaped Katherine's lips as she turned off her alarm clock, a yawn escaped her lips. It was another day, another day of studying and living her not so special life. A ringtone of the phone caught her attention as she looked at the caller ID, it was her best friend Zoe.

"Hello?" She answered in her sleepy voice.

"Katherine, what am I going to do?!" Zoe said, panic was heard in her voice. Katherine got confused as to what happened this time. "What happened?" She asked with worriedness in her voice, she was thinking that something bad might have happened to her, kidnapped, stolen, or anything dangerous.

"I accidentally confessed my feelings!" She said through the phone.

Katherine frowned before widening her eyes at the realization, "You what?!" Katherine yelled uncontrollably.

"Hey! Stop shouting, my ears are hurting~" Zoe whined on the other side, making Katherine giggle."My bad I'm sorry."

"I'll have to avoid him now, after what happened. I don't know how to face him~" Zoe fake cried. Katherine giggled, "Well good luck to that then. You're gonna need it! Anyway, see you later!" Zoe was about to say something when Katherine cut off the call as her mother was calling her.

"Katherine!"

"What is it mom?!" She shouted back. "You're going to be late! Go now!" Katherine then got out of bed as she started to do her morning routine.

****

Katherine was now inside their classroom as she sat on her seat, beside Aiden. She saw Aiden's bag just there in his seat and his phone on his desk, but Aiden was nowhere to be found. A pout appeared on her lips as she was confused. "He must be in the restroom." Katherine said to herself.

A light ding sound was heard from Aiden's phone, it lit up and a text was seen on the lock screen.

Ivy <3:

I love you too

Katherine's heart broke into a million pieces as she accidentally read the message. She knew it, she remembered the conversation Aiden and Libby had in the past, where he said he loved someone, and now—it's all clear to her now. She shouldn't have let her feelings grow for him anymore...

Aiden then entered the classroom as a smile appeared on his face, seeing Katherine. His smile suddenly vanished when he saw her sad expression. He then sat on his seat, "What happened?" He asked, as his eyes softened.

"Nothing." She flashed a fake smile to him.

The class started with Katherine not talking or even glancing at Aiden...

****

"Zoe!" Julian called her, the class finally ended yet Zoe was still ignoring Julian after her unexpected confession. Zoe looked back as her eyes widened, she quickly ran away from him. Julian sighed as he looked at her running figure. On the other hand, Katherine was running away from Aiden. He then frowned as he wondered what happened. Both of the two male looked at each other with confusion.

"What happened?" Julian asked.

"She's ignoring me..." Aiden sadly looked down on the ground. Julian frowned as a thought came to his mind, "Are they pranking us?" Julian blurted out, making Aiden look at him. He shook his head, disagreeing at his statement.

"I don't think so." He then reaches his phone out of his pocket as he texts Katherine.

Katherine felt her phone vibrate on her hand as she looked at the message.