Chapter 67

This news stirred up thousands of waves like a stone, and Huo Cheng's usual calmness couldn't hold back anymore. He lost his voice and said, "Dead?"

The yamen servant nodded, wiped his cheeks stiffened by the wind and snow, and stomped his feet , "Now is not the time to talk about this. Hurry up and go to the county with me. Those two nephews of yours are still waiting in the courtroom. It's really a crime.

" After all, it was her son, a piece of flesh that fell from him and her body. Before the matter was clarified, the news was to be kept from her no matter what.

Huo Cheng simply didn't say anything to anyone, but said that shopkeeper Feng had something to do with him, and he and Gou Laoliu got a car and left.

The road was quiet, no one could say anything, Gou Lao Liu sneaked a look at Huo Cheng's face while driving. It's just that this person has always kept a straight face, except for the moment when he changed his face just now, his face is expressionless at this moment, and he doesn't know what he is thinking.

But Gou Lao Liu spent a lot of time with Huo Cheng, and they stayed in the barracks from morning to night, eating and lodging together. It could be seen that he was in a very restless mood now, and he drove quietly to the city without opening his mouth. catch up.

Huo Cheng couldn't tell what he was thinking at the moment, he undoubtedly resented Huo Er, but now that he suddenly heard that this person died, he didn't feel any joy.

In fact, not only did he not feel any joy, nor did he feel any sadness, he was just a little melancholy, a little dazed, and didn't know what to say or how to react.

Huo Cheng couldn't feel the heavy snow today and the biting cold wind. He suddenly remembered something from when he was very young.

At that time, the eldest brother was still there, he was only four or five years old, and every day he climbed mountains and rivers with his friends in the village, caught chickens and dogs, and lived a comfortable and happy life.

He has been courageous since he was a child. He climbs trees that others dare not climb, and he does things that others dare not do. One day, when he mischievously climbed a big tree that no one dared to climb again, he was so proud that he accidentally got too scared and couldn't get down at all.

He was as anxious as an ant on a hot pot, but he refused to show weakness. Later, the second brother came and asked him to come down with a smile. He didn't dare, but the second brother said, "Come down, I'll follow you below."

He didn't believe it. After being coaxed by the second brother for a long time, he made up his mind to jump down. The second brother didn't break his promise. He did catch him, but his arm was raised for a long time.

It turned out that the second brother had been so kind to him.

The yamen was empty, and everyone was at home today. Although Huo Jiang and his wife had been arguing quite a lot, not long after they moved in, they started to have a big fight for two days, and a small fight for three days. The neighbors have long been used to it, it's just that the disturbance was a little bigger today.

It's so cold outside, one more thing in their house is worse than one less thing, so no one came out to fight. They were passing by when they were patrolling. It was found that the family was dead.

Even though the yamen servants were mentally prepared, they were still taken aback when they went in. The man of this family died at the gate of the courtyard. Pinkish red.

The headed daughter-in-law sat slumped next to the corpse, her body was covered in blood, and she was holding a kitchen knife in her hand. The blood was frozen into snow slag by the cold wind, which made her face extremely strange.

The yamen servant couldn't help shivering, and quickly ordered his companions to go back to call for help, while he stayed here.

When the people from the yamen came and carried him away, when everyone searched the house, they found that there were two children in the wing room. The oldest was seven or eight years old. How much do you know about the matter, but it is small, lying on the kang and sleeping soundly.

The county magistrate was grateful for Huo Cheng's previous help, knowing that this was Huo Cheng's second brother's house, so he didn't let anyone say anything, and quietly got everyone to the Yamen, so he hurriedly sent someone to send a letter to Huo Cheng.

When they arrived, the trial of the case was basically over, and Mrs. Huo recognized her very well. Although she was a little delirious from the fright, even a fool could see the hatred she couldn't hide when she mentioned Huo Er.

The county magistrate sighed, and handed him the plea of ​​Mrs. Huo's second sister-in-law, "She has already pleaded guilty, and it's ridiculous to say it, your second brother set up a private room outside, and your second sister-in-law is making trouble every day, this matter It's not a secret, everyone in half the city knows it, but everyone knows that your brothers have broken up, so no one tells you." "It's snowing so much today,

your second brother still wants to run to the outer room, she's angry However, the two of them quarreled for a few words, and as soon as she realized it, she had already killed someone."

Huo Cheng listened to him silently, and did not accept the plea.

The county magistrate didn't care, and put the things on the table: "You can take them away in a while, but what are you going to do with these two children?"

Huo Cheng shook his head, he really didn't think about what to do with this matter.

He really didn't know how to explain this to his family. Raising a child was not something that could be accomplished by just talking about it. Goudan was not close to them at first, but now that this kind of thing happened, half-grown children are the most difficult to figure out, and it is not impossible to push all this to others.

He really didn't want to take such a hidden danger home easily, and he knew very well that he couldn't accept these two children without any grudges.

At least he didn't struggle with it for too long, Goudan made his own decision.

He lost the spoiled and unreasonable look he used to have in the village. He became much calmer and thinner. He didn't look like a child of seven or eight years old, but a teenager in his teens.

"Third uncle." Goudan looked at him, his palms were sweating nervously, but in order to survive, he still forced himself to stand here.

"I know where the land deed is. I want to sell the house and go back to the village. I know that you don't live in the old house. I want to rent it out. I also went outside to earn some money during this period, so I can live with Brother Ran. It's okay to have a full stomach. When I save money, I will build a house by myself, and I promise to take good care of the house during this period."

Huo Cheng looked at his hands covered with small wounds, but what appeared in front of his eyes was when he just came back Those fat and tender hands, the white and fat appearance is very different from the present day.

"Why didn't you say follow me?" Huo Cheng asked.

Goudan froze for a moment, pursed his lips and lowered his head.

He suffered a lot this year, received supercilious looks, and received some help. The more he understands, the more clearly he can see what happened in the past. Their family has long been torn apart from the current Huo family. He also knows what he was like in the past. If it were him, he would not be willing to raise this lazy, greedy and unreasonable nephew who has hatred against him.

He didn't speak, and Huo Cheng didn't continue to ask, but said to him: "Just as you said, the old house will be lived in for you, with a monthly rent of 300 Wen, and each person will pay 30 Wen each month. You can eat "

Goudan didn't expect Huo Cheng to say that, he was stunned for a while, and then agreed with a dazed expression.

Huo Cheng dealt with the affairs of the yamen, and went to the house with Goudan to clean up the soft things, and then drove to the village in the car.

The days are short in winter, and the sky has completely darkened, only the snow reflects a faint light under the moonlight.

There was silence everywhere, only the creaking of the bullock cart rolling over the snow, which could be clearly heard in the darkness.

Although Brother Ran was young, he felt something was wrong instinctively, and wept softly all the way while curling up in Goudan's arms, just like a kitten.

Goudan was afraid that Huo Cheng and the two would be noisy, so he kept coaxing him, but with little effect, so he could only let him go.

When they got home, everyone else had already fallen asleep, only Wei Yun and Gou Fulang were still talking and waiting for them to come back.

Seeing that Huo Cheng brought the two dogs back, although Wei Yun was surprised, he didn't ask aloud, and after they had finished eating and settled down, Wei Yun asked him: "Why did the two dogs come back with you? "

After he finished speaking, he didn't hear Huo Cheng's answer after waiting for a long time. He couldn't help but feel a little strange. Just as he was about to speak, he was hugged into his arms.

The arms around his waist were tightly bound, and the force seemed to break his waist band, and there was a hairy head on his neck. After a while, Wei Yun felt that something fell on his neck. It was scorching hot.

Huo Cheng didn't know what was wrong with him, he obviously didn't want to cry, and he didn't feel sad, but the moment he hugged the little husband, exhaustion and bewilderment crushed him all at once.

Wei Yun was so shocked that he didn't know what to do with his hands and feet. He was full of worries and worries, but he couldn't ask any questions.

For a person like Huo Cheng who is so introverted, Wei Yun rarely sees his mood fluctuate so much. He intuitively felt that this matter had something to do with Huo Er. He only thought that Huo Er had done something to make him sad, but he never thought of it. Huo Er The second actually died, and was hacked to death by the second sister-in-law.

"How could the second sister-in-law do such a thing?" Wei Yun was dumbfounded, he really couldn't believe that that savage and unreasonable woman who wholeheartedly regarded Huo Er as the sky would do such a shocking thing as killing her husband.

"Probably the greater the hope, the greater the disappointment." Huo Cheng said.

The second sister-in-law originally thought that after being separated from the Huo family, the family would live a prosperous life in the town, but who would have thought that Huo Er would turn around and put him in the outer room, staying away from home all day.

How could she bear it, but she didn't know how to deal with this kind of thing, so she could only use the most stupid way to follow her husband every step of the way, but she didn't expect to completely push him further away.

Wei Yun accidentally understood what she was thinking when she raised the knife today, but he thought, probably it was because of disappointment rather than anger.

Both of them felt that it was extremely complicated, and they were relatively speechless for a while.

It was quiet at night, every little movement would be maximized, and a faint cry came, breaking the silence of the room.

Huo Cheng's eyebrows moved, and he recognized the voice from the West Wing. He put on his clothes and got up to watch.

However, brother is brother, even though Goudan and Goudan are blood brothers, it is still inappropriate to live together, so Wei Yun sent him to the East Chamber to live with Amo Xing.

The West Wing is where Brother Wei lives, and everything is ready-made, which is just right for Goudan to live in. Little brother Wei didn't come back from school today, there was only one person in the west wing, so it was obvious who was crying.

Wei Yun sighed, and told him: "He suffered such a great shock today, and lost his parents overnight, please be considerate of him. Don't put on a straight face, it's scary." Huo Chengweng replied angrily

. Yes, he pushed open the door and carefully closed it, then went to the West Wing.

Standing outside the West Wing, he vaguely saw the black shadow curled up on the bed crying bitterly through the moonlight, and was silent for a while, but turned around and left instead of knocking on the door.

In the room, the child was curled up in the warm quilt with his eyes closed, but he still couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his face. The suppressed cry overflowed from the corner of his mouth and dissipated into the cold night sky.

The snow that had been drifting in the sky stopped at some point, the moon gradually emerged from the dark clouds, and stars gradually appeared. Tomorrow must be a sunny day.