Chapter 55

The room was filled with a strong odor, and everyone's expressions were numb, as if nothing could move them, and even the commotion outside had nothing to do with them.

Most of the people in this group are sickly, only one person looks a bit energetic, but his too thin body makes him look like a skeleton.

The yamen servants at the side didn't expect that this person would come to this room. Huo Cheng gave him a lot of money, so he kindly reminded him: "There are so many people here, any one here is better than the ones here. It's sick, and if you buy it back, you have to spend money to treat it first."

Knowing that the yamen servant was doing it for his own good, Huo Cheng quickly thanked him, but he had made up his mind, and went straight to the man who looked like a skeleton.

This person's original casual attitude froze the moment he saw Huo Cheng, and then turned his head, looking indifferent, but it made Huo Cheng feel a little sad.

He and this man are considered acquaintances, both of them are each other's saviors, and they had a life-saving friendship on the battlefield, but later this man lost an arm, so he went home, and after the battle was basically over, Huo Cheng Also hurt my leg and went home.

Huo Cheng would sometimes think of the brothers he knew well in the army, but he never thought that meeting again would be like this.

He walked up to the man, looked at the man's empty sleeve and twisted right foot, and closed his eyes, "What's the matter?"

The man looked at him indifferently without saying a word, his eyes were glowing with fire. Under the reflection of the sun, it is slightly green, which is quite strange.

Huo Cheng didn't care, this person was originally from Fengcheng, his mother was from Dazhou, but his father didn't know which race he was from. Although his appearance followed his mother's and did not look much different from that of people from Dazhou, his eyes followed those of a foreign race, which always made people see the clues.

Huo Cheng waited patiently for a while before he heard the man whisper: "It's nothing, it's just a little accident." "

This is..." Huo Cheng pointed to the red-faced child with closed eyes in his arms.

"My son."

"Brother?"

The man was silent for a while, his voice was dry and depressed: "I don't know."

Huo Cheng stopped asking, and turned to the yamen servant: "What's the matter with them?"

The yamen servant scratched his head , I could also see that he knew this person, so he couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic, and said in a straightforward manner: "This family has not been here for a long time, almost a month, this baby is sick, and the teeth can't be sold. That's why they threw people to us."

"This family is disabled and sick, no one wants to talk about it, and they have to buy it together. No one wants to, so it's delayed until now. You know him. Seeing Huo Cheng nodding, the man quickly pulled him aside, and said in a low voice

, "Do you really want to buy this family?" "

Well," Huo Cheng said, "Don't they still have my brother? What about it?"

The yamen servant sighed, and said, "He is also a miserable person, he is so sick, and after so many days, he still doesn't recover, so he will be sent to another place." The yamen will not pay for the treatment of those who are sick