Chapter 24

Probably because he was really too tired. At first, Wei Yun thought he would not be able to fall asleep, but who knew that he would lose his memory after closing his eyes. After sleeping until it was bright, it was Aunt Gu who woke up.

Huo Cheng didn't say anything, but Mrs. Gu hated iron and steel: "You little brother, why are you so greedy for sleep? It's been a long time since everyone woke up. Which little brother sleeps so late like you. I don't dare anymore, I'm going to be talked about."

Wei Yun responded repeatedly, got up quickly and tidied himself up, and went out to see that everyone had tidied up and waited for him.

Seeing him come out, the group cleaned up the yard again, and then drove to the village.

Wei Xiaodi rested for a night, and his spirit seemed to have improved a lot, and he was still in the mood to talk to Brother Tong in a low voice. The two children had a good time, while Aunt Gu talked to Huo Cheng casually, and didn't care about him at all, he was alone in the car.

It's okay to have two children, isn't Aunt Gu always relatively indifferent to Huo Cheng, why did she enthusiastically strike up a conversation with someone in just one night? I don't know what method this person used, what kind of ecstasy soup he used to give Aunt Gu.

Thinking of what this person said last night, Wei Yun's face burned up, and he couldn't help but glared at Huo Cheng angrily, but Mrs. Gu saw it clearly.

Aunt Gu stopped talking to Huo Cheng, and turned around to lecture Wei Yun, "What's the matter with you, it's hard to find such a good man with a lantern, do you still have an opinion? They ran up and down yesterday I've been busy all day, so it's okay if you don't even have a word of thanks, how can you still stare at people! I don't dare to do this in the future..."

Wei Yun couldn't tell, so he could only listen obediently, nodding his head as if to admit Wrong, I hope Aunt Gu will let him go as soon as possible. But Mrs. Gu would see Huo Cheng now as the mother-in-law would see her son-in-law, and the more she looked at her, the more pleasing she was, and she babbled all the way, which made Wei Cheng miserable.

Fortunately, the speed of the ox cart was not too slow, much faster than the two legs in the past. Just after three quarters of the hour, the ox cart entered the village. From a distance, I saw a figure at the entrance of the village, and when I got closer, it turned out to be Aunt Huo.

Aunt Huo had been waiting here early in the morning, and when she saw them rushing up to meet them, she complained, "Why did you come back so late, I thought you would all be there early, oh, seeing Dacheng's face, how good is that yamen?" Come in, if you don't peel off a layer of skin, you won't let you out!"

If it was normal, Aunt Gu would have quarreled with her long ago, but this time it is indeed her own fault, so she can only keep silent.

Huo Cheng didn't have any scruples, and he was very troubled by his mother's appearance, so he hurriedly took over the words: "The county magistrate is an upright official, how could you make things difficult for us, mother should not say this in the future, and it will be passed back to the county magistrate's ears. How can you not be angry, there will be no good fruit for our family to eat."

Aunt Huo shut up silently, she knew that most of Huo Cheng was lying to her, but she was really afraid that the county magistrate would care about her, and Huo Cheng was threatening her again recently He was quite tall, so he said flatteringly: "That mother will not talk about it in the future."

Huo Cheng nodded, and changed the subject, "Mother, you should go back first, Brother Yun's legs and feet are not good yet, I will send him back and return the ox cart." Go home."

Aunt Huo wanted to ask about the cost of this trip, but seeing her son's cold face, she swallowed it after thinking about it, and Tong Geer, who was still taken away before leaving, planned not to ask her son or grandson.

Wei Yun wanted to refuse, but Aunt Gu stopped him, and said in a low voice: "You are both engaged, it must be good to get along more, he has brought it up, you just agree with it, what a fool! "

After finishing speaking, before Wei Yun could speak, he jumped out of the car with a smile: "You can just send the two of them back. I sat all the way, and my whole body was stiff. It's not a few steps away. I'll go. It's just right to go back, so I don't have to make a big detour."

This is true, Gu's family is in the northwest of the village, not too far from the entrance of the village, while Wei's family is in the southeast of the village, if both of them are sent, it will indeed take a big detour.

But Huo Cheng wouldn't really think that Mrs. Gu just didn't want him to go around this circle. She wanted Huo Cheng to get along with the brothers. Huo Cheng also appreciated her affection and smiled at her gratefully.

Although Xiaodi Wei is small, he has a lot of eyes, he knows that Huo Cheng is his future brother-in-law, and Huo Cheng saved him, and he made a grasshopper for him in the morning, which is the time to worship. The twittering never stopped along the way, which made Wei Yun, who was originally embarrassed, much more comfortable.

Everyone in the village knows what happened to the Wei family. The village chief came back late yesterday and didn't see anyone, so he didn't know what happened. Seeing them come back now, all of them came up to ask questions with concern, Wei Yun patiently answered them one by one, and stopped and stopped for a short distance, walking for a while.

The ox cart was borrowed, and animals are very expensive these days, so Huo Cheng didn't keep any more, and left after sending the two brothers.

I left in a hurry yesterday, before the bride price could be cleaned up, it was left in a mess in the yard. Brother Wei was shocked when he entered the door: "Brother, when did our family buy so many things?" "It's not from our family, it's from the Huo

family It's a gift."

Wei Xiaodi nodded like a grown-up, shook his head and said, "So it's a betrothal gift, hey, but with so many betrothal gifts, is big brother's dowry enough?" After finishing speaking, he looked at him worriedly.

Wei Yun was so annoyed by what he saw, he picked up the child and said, "You don't have to worry about it, you little doll, how did you know so many weird things."

Wei Xiaodi hugged his neck, clinging to him. After rubbing against each other, he whispered: "Zhuzi said that my little brother will be bullied by his in-laws if he doesn't have a dowry. Big brother, will you be bullied?"

His little brows were tightly frowned, with a worried expression on his face, Wei Yun's heart softened when he saw it, he hugged him into the kitchen and sat down, and scratched his little nose with a smile, "You don't have to worry about that, brother Yu I have been in good health for two years, and my elder brother has already saved a lot of money, so I won't be bullied."

Of course, these words are to comfort younger brother Wei, most of the money he saves is used for younger brother Wei, although the dowry he left for himself is not as good as that in the village. The people are poor, but they are far worse than the dowry sent by the Huo family. Although Huo Cheng didn't care, Wei Yun had his own ideas. Although the conditions of the Huo family were good, there was no reason for him to raise his younger brother for his husband, so he still had to earn money.

It's just that if he gets married, there will definitely be more things. It's definitely not possible to drill into the mountains for a whole day like before, and Huo Cheng probably won't be willing. But collecting medicine is his most profitable business. Without this income, it will be difficult to save money, so he has to think of other ways.

Wei Yun put his mind on the food that Wei's mother used to cook. Most of the mothers who eat food have told him and taught him, but at that time Wei Yun had both parents, and he was still a little brother who was pampered in the palm of his hand. Mother Wei didn't tell him to learn it, so he learned it all. So-so, many prescriptions have been lost.

After much deliberation, the most suitable one is the chestnut cake that I have made before. Chestnuts are picked from the mountains without money, and there is no need for a lot of flour and lard. In this way, not to mention the low cost, the price will not be too high, and it may be easier to sell.

Just do what you say, and after dinner, Wei Yun dug out all the chestnuts in the house. Although Wei Xiaodi was still hurting, he knew that his elder brother wanted to earn money, so he was sensible enough to help.

The first time he sold it, Wei Yun didn't dare to do more, so he made about 30 of them, and only realized the problem when he was done. The chestnut cakes are the most delicious when they are hot, they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they are not easy to get greasy, but the village is still more than half an hour away from the city, so even if he takes good care of it, it will still be cold. And this cake cannot be covered, otherwise the outer meringue will become weak and the taste will naturally decrease.

He sighed secretly, blaming himself for his lack of consideration. Brother Wei, who was holding chestnut cakes and gnawed carefully, saw that his face was not good, and his gnawing movements slowed down: "Brother, what's the matter with you?" Wei Yun comforted him: "It's okay, brother is thinking about giving the cakes to

Gu Auntie and the others gave some, let them try it too." Wei Xiaodi was puzzled: " Don't you want to

sell the chestnut cakes in the city?"

Let's sell it, let's do it tomorrow morning." If it is sold, it must be cooked fresh, so the things to be prepared and the cost will be much higher than originally thought, so he has to think again about whether there are other options can do.

After making up his mind, Wei Yun didn't bother anymore, and neatly wrapped up four pancakes, six or seven in one, and planned to send one to Aunt Gu's family, the ugly brother's family, the village head's family and the Huo family's family.

Brother Chou's house is the closest, and his father and the man are both good carpenters. When Wei Yun arrived, he had a guest at his house, and they asked him to make a cabinet. Wei Yun only said a few words and left.

Huo Cheng was not at home, Aunt Huo didn't expect him to come again, but she stretched out her hand without hitting the smiling face, Wei Yun came to deliver something, and Huo Cheng also beat her, so she didn't make things difficult for Wei Yun, and even stuffed ten He gave him a few eggs, saying it was to supplement Wei Xiaodi.

The tone that Wei Yun had been holding in his heart had finally come to an end now. Although Aunt Huo had objections to him, Huo Cheng was in charge of the family. In this way, his life would be much easier.

By the time he walked around and returned home, it was already dark.

Wei Xiaodi ate two pancakes in the afternoon, and he wasn't too hungry at the moment, so Wei Yun planned to make something simpler, a salty pimple soup.

Unexpectedly, as soon as the fire started, someone knocked on the door. Hei Weiyun didn't dare to open the door directly when he lived in a remote place, and there were only two brothers. Hei Weiyun yelled across the yard, "Who is it?"

"Brother Yun, it's me!"

Brother ugly?

Wei Yun was puzzled, but the other party came out so late, there should be something important.

He originally thought that there was only Brother Chou, but when the door opened, besides Brother Chou, there was also a handsome man in a cloak and brocade. Wei Yun didn't know why, but Brother Chou pulled him over and asked in a low voice, "Do you still have

the chestnut cakes you just sent over?"

Pie?

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

_ Or arrange a weekly update for everyone next week.

Thanks to the readers:

Rice threw a landmine

for the nutrient solution irrigated by rice, Guangyi, and Bias,

see you tomorrow, jiumi