Chapter 39

Because of the conversation last night, when the brothers of the Hu family came to get the cake the next day, Huo Cheng's eyes never left the head of the Hu family, Hu Jianxian, looking left and right, but he was still a little dissatisfied.

Thin and short, she looks pretty good, but it's so easy for her to be attractive. Moreover, this kid's eyebrows and eyes are too sharp, although he knows how to hide himself, but his skills are not strong enough, he is too rigid and easy to break, maybe he will cause a big disaster at any time.

Hu Jianxian was horrified by him, always felt that he was like a piece of pork up for sale on the chopping board, and couldn't help saying: "Brother Huo, what's the matter?"

Huo Cheng shook his head silently, thinking, he If you call yourself big brother, isn't he a generation older than Brother Tong? How can you get married, no, no.

Seeing Hu Jianxian's confused face, Wei Yun pretended to be a hair cake for him and said, "Don't pay attention to him, he has been very angry these days and is in a bad mood." Huo Cheng secretly sighed when he saw that he was obedient and obedient

. Boy, no matter how you look at it, you don't feel well.

The New Year came as scheduled. On New Year's Eve, the Huo family got up early in the morning, cut window grilles and pasted couplets. Everyone was smiling and very happy.

After sending the young master back a few days ago, Wei Yun never saw the other party again, but received a letter written by the other party, which was brought back with the help of the brothers of the Hu family.

This time the brothers of the Han family became cruel and locked people in the house to read the heart scriptures, and they only had a few bowls of porridge every day. Within two days, Han Pingji completely surrendered, weeping bitterly and admitting his mistake to Brother Han again, and then saved himself from the dire straits.

It's just that he was grounded and couldn't come out, so he had to ask someone to deliver a letter to come out.

Wei Yun replied to the letter, and gave him a lot of food that he made, and then he put this matter aside.

After all, this is the Han family's own business, and it's not up to me, an outsider, to intervene.

After noon, Wei Yun started to make dumplings. The family reunion on New Year's Eve, dumplings are the most appropriate food.

Wei Yun mixed two kinds of fillings, leek pork and scallion mutton. The dumplings were white and plump like ingots in the boiling water. The sound of firecrackers was heard one after another. Everyone's heart was filled with the joy and expectation of the New Year. hope.

According to the customs of Ping County, anyone who has separated and who has not lived with the elderly must give the first bowl of the first pot of dumplings to the elderly. This custom has been around for a long time, and it is not clear what it is for, but everyone abides by this rule every year.

Although the Huo family separated, Aunt Huo followed Huo Cheng, and Huo Jiang's family had broken off their relationship, so there was no such thing as sending dumplings.

The family sat together and ate dumplings happily. Wei Yun also washed a few big wallets and put them in the dumplings. He even made a small mark to ensure that everyone could eat one.

The Huo family did not do this, except for the Wei brothers, it was the first time for everyone else. Although I took a bite to straighten my teeth without knowing it, the good wishes and blessings contained in it perfectly resolved the discomfort.

Brother Tong ate the delicious dumplings, and the smile on his face never stopped. Although this New Year was not the best New Year he had, in his life, the most memorable thing was this new year.

After eating, the fire in the stove started to burn again, everyone took a bath carefully, and everyone was clean and ready to welcome the New Year.

It was snowing again outside, and it had already been covered with a thin layer. The whole family gathered around the kang, talking and watching the new year.

The children were sleepy early, and soon fell asleep. Aunt Huo wanted to let them be alone, so she also said that she was tired, and took the two children to bed.

Huo Cheng peeled the melon seeds on the table one by one and peeled the melon seeds with his hands, but he didn't eat them himself. He put them on the plate, and when he had accumulated a small pile, he pushed them to Wei Yun to signal him to eat.

Wei Yun accepted it with a wide-eyed smile, propped his head and asked him: "Are we going to leave relatives during the Chinese New Year?"

Huo Cheng nodded: "We want to go, but there are few relatives in the family, and it will be over in two days."

Wei Yun thought for a while , asked curiously: "On the day we got married, I heard Brother Tong say that his niece came. Brother Tong has been away for so many years, but I have never seen his niece come. I thought there was no one in his niece. Well."

Huo Cheng's hand for peeling melon seeds paused, and said: "Brother remarried as soon as elder brother left, and mother was angry that elder brother treated brother so well, but brother didn't even want to keep the one-year filial piety period. It almost broke the relationship with there. Brother Tong came here a few times, but his mother pushed him back, and gradually, he stopped coming.

" He took the initiative to come to help. Although Brother Tong was uncomfortable, I could see that he was still very happy. I persuaded my mother to let him stay, and he left something for Brother Tong when he left. Brother Tong Quietly tell me that he secretly gave him a lot of food before."

"Didn't he tell Brother Tong about his identity?" Wei Yun asked.

"No." Huo Cheng said, "It's probably because of guilt. Brother Tong was young when he remarried, but he already remembered things. He hated him. Brother Tong and the others hated Brother Tong. Not good, his natal family never came to say a word, they have defended this grandson, and his mother's attitude is so firm, he is probably afraid that Brother Tong will leak the truth when he comes home, and mother will call the door again." Wei Yun was

somewhat Surprised, "No way? If Brother Tong's parents are willing to help him, why wouldn't mother be happy?"

Huo Cheng smiled helplessly, "Brother Tong's family is quite rich. Back then, my elder brother was seriously ill, and my mother came to ask for help, but there was no result. In addition, my elder brother didn't even give him two months of filial piety. How can mother be happy when she keeps enough and remarries? Brother Tong is the only root left by elder brother. Mother will never agree that he has too much contact with that side. When we got married, I just felt that I was living too Come on, there is only Brother Tong over there, just show off."

Wei Yun was stunned, he didn't expect these things to happen, "Didn't Brother Tong come after that? "

Since the Huo family agreed to a contact once, there will be a second or third time. If they want to get along with Brother Tong, they will continue to visit no matter what, but Wei Yun has never seen it.

Huo Cheng sneered, and said: "He wanted to come, but there was no one in the Hong family who was willing. He came on the day of his marriage, but when he returned, he was scolded by his son and daughter-in-law. I'm afraid he hasn't found a chance to come these days. He

paused, his voice low, "Actually, if it wasn't for Brother Tong, I wouldn't have agreed to him coming to the wedding banquet. At the beginning, the elder brother was so kind to him, but as a result, he didn't even want the youngest son just after the elder brother left. Remarried and went out. Whether it is the Hong family or the elder brother himself, there is nothing wrong with not wanting to be a widow for the rest of his life, but the Hong family did things too badly back then, almost stepping on the ground and grinding back and forth over the years, who can swallow it Take that breath?"

Wei Yun patted him on the arm comfortingly, "Does Brother Tong know about these things?"

Huo Cheng sighed, "He should know, every day in this village, the parents of the west and the east are short, it's a good thing It's hard not to know if you don't go out and bad things spread thousands of miles away. So for so many years, he hasn't even mentioned his grandma, so the family members don't know about it." Wei Yun nodded, brother Tong's behavior is understandable

, But after all, it's a bit cool, and it's understandable that Tong Ge'er didn't want to mention it.

"Then I won't worry about giving gifts to his waifu's family. Let's treat Brother Tong well in the future and find him a good marriage. It won't be in vain for him to call us uncle, uncle." He thought for a while and asked

again Said: "What about the uncle's house, are you going tomorrow?"

Huo Cheng nodded: "Go, last time my uncle and a few cousins ​​came to help a lot, I haven't thanked them well. I will prepare it tomorrow Li, let's walk around together."

"Mother won't say anything, will she?" Wei Yun was a little worried.

"No." Huo Cheng's tone was very firm: "Mother was at odds with my aunt when I was young, and even though I didn't see each other very much after my father left, uncles and the others still miss us in their hearts. When my elder brother was seriously ill, my uncle specially sent us A lot of money came over, this kindness, mother has always remembered it in her heart." "

It's just been so many years, I can't save face, and the second brother has a stiff relationship with that place, so mother can't say anything. Believe it or not, tomorrow she will definitely She was not happy on the surface, but she was still happy in her heart, she won't say a word no matter how many gifts you give."

Wei Yun squinted at him, "You are the roundworm in our mother's stomach? You know so well!"

Huo Cheng He didn't make excuses, but silently turned to peeling the pine nuts for him. This stuff is quite laborious, so it's better to peel it yourself.

Wei Yun chewed the delicious melon seeds, and couldn't help feeling: "I didn't have much contact with your family before, and I didn't know that there are so many things going on here. Thinking about it now, Brother Tong is the most miserable and pitiful one in the family. "

Huo Cheng touched his head, and said with some distress: "Aren't you suffering?"

Wei Yun shook his head, "Life is bitter, but my heart is not bitter! Although father and mother left early, there is still Brother Yu My son stays with me. Although he is young, he knows how to love others. If there is any delicious food, I have to eat it first before eating by myself. He also helps me with work. Although he lives poorly, he is happy in his heart."

"But Brother Tong is different. Although we are his relatives, we are separated by a layer, which is not the most important thing in any of us. If anything happens, he is the most likely to be abandoned, so he It's the one that is really bitter."

Huo Cheng looked at him with pity, and remembered what the general once told them: In this world, all living beings are suffering, but some people only see bitterness, while others find sweetness in bitterness.

Wei Yun didn't make it to the end, and fell asleep at some point. When he woke up, there was the faint sound of firecrackers outside. Looking at the sky, it should be midnight.

He was the only one in the room, Huo Cheng should have gone out to set off firecrackers.

Firecrackers are set off four times in the New Year in Beidi, after eating dumplings on New Year's Eve, at Zishizheng, on the first day of the new year, and after the door opens on the fifth day of the new year.

As he was thinking about it, Huo Chengcheng came in with a chill in his body: "Woke up?"

Although the firecrackers in each house were short and the sound was not loud enough, they were still very loud when they were set off at about the same time. Wei Yun was a light sleeper, so it was hard not to be awakened by such a loud movement.

Hugging the quilt, Wei Yun felt drowsy again from the hot kang and soft cotton, and nodded in a daze.

Huo Cheng didn't speak anymore, he tucked the quilt again, sat down beside Wei Yun, and kissed him lightly on the face, his complexion was as gentle as water.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

_ I can't be more and more, I may be crazy to have such an idea orz thank you little angels for voting for me~ I thank the

little angels who voted for [mine]: 1 piece of bamboo

Thanks to the little angels for irrigating me with the nutrient solution~ Thanks to the little angels for irrigating the nutrient solution: 10 bottles of mints, my male god is a bit handsome! 2 bottles, 1 bottle of novel poisonous, 1 bottle of

meow cat

Support, I will continue to work hard! ^_^