Law woke up

Law's POV:

It's so dark here. I remember falling asleep with Luffy after Kaido was defeated. How long has it been?

"Luffy!"

My voice just echoed in this dark abyss. I walked around until I noticed a golden light coming from a black fox. Is that Amato? Luffy told me he saw a fox with black fur and golden eyes just like mine. But doesn't Amato like more like Luffy? His aura is comforting and energetic like Luffy's.

"Are you Amato?"

It seems like it nodded. I went closer to it. That light around it looks the same as when Luffy gave me that ball of light and called it Amato. Now that I think about it, how was that even possible?

It seems like Amato wants me to hug him. I hugged it, wah! The fur is so soft. I just melted. It seems that it is hugging me back. I feel happy. Amato is adorable just like Luffy. Amato shrank and became smaller. Amato fit right in my arms.

"Torao!"

Eh, is that Luffy? Suddenly something came flying toward me. Amato jumped down from me, leaving me.

"Torao!"

Thud...

I fell on my back and Luffy was on top of me.

"Luffy you idiot. Amato was still in my arms."

That idiot just giggled and held Amato.

"You have gotten smaller little fox."

Luffy was still on me. Luffy seems fine and it seems that he has been here many times.

Nobod's POV:

Luffy cuddled Amato while sitting on Law. Law felt a tiny bit jealous. Luffy is practically ignoring him. Law glared at the fox. Amato was smiling smugly.

How dare that brat look down on me. I don't care if you are our child. Luffy is mine. I have known him longer than you brat.

Law was burning from jealousy.

"Oh right Torao, you have been asleep for three days now."

Law nodded his head. Of course, he would be asleep for three days after fighting like that. On top of that, he also had to worry about Luffy. Law sat up. He wrapped his arm around Luffy's waist and hugged Luffy and Amato. Amato wrapped its tail around Law's neck. The family stayed in the hug for a moment.

"Luffy-ya, I wanted to ask how Amato was outside during the fight with Kaido."

"That bastard kept attacking my stomach so it got annoying. Then everything went black. I think I awakened my devil fruit and Amato was in my hand."

Luffy just knew that it was Amato and that he should be kept away. Law just sighed. Everything is confusing, but Law has a hunch that the Poneglyphs and the government know something about it.

Law has now another reason to learn the history and undercover the secrets of the world.

Luffy stood up with Amato in his arms.

"I think I am about to wake up. Law see you later when you wake up. I will be waiting."

Just like that Luffy disappeared, making Law freak out. Law reflexively caught Amato before he could touch the ground.

"Are you hurt anywhere? That idiot almost hurt our child."

Wait, he isn't in the real world. Can they even get hurt? Everything related to Luffy makes Law's head throb, but Luffy's smile, his laughter, his presence, literally everything makes Law's heart flutter and gives him butterflies in his stomach. Law thinks he is getting addicted to this being called Luffy. Who knew that love could be this strange? Law doesn't care though.

Law opened his eyes, feeling light-headed. He was happy. Law got to meet his child. The heart pirates were waiting for their captain to wake up just outside the door.