Dad 2.

"Did we forgot something ?"
Charlie walked up and down, without stopping once.
"Charlie, we have more then any kid would need ."
"But what if we forgot something ? Did we buy Pyjamas ? Omg , we forgot the Pyjamas ."
Nick laughed as he placed both hands on Charlie's shoulders, trying to stop his husband from going insane .
"I know you're panicking right now but we have everything. We bought everything Emily needs or wants. We're more then ready for this ."
"Could we please breath together ?"
"Sure . Breath in... breath out ."
The chests of both boys moved in sync .
"Okay , I'm ready ."
Charlie nodded and hugged Nick before they got into the car. To go onto their most important drive of their life.

Nicks POV
"Hi Emily !"
I kneeled down and spread my arms open. The little girl laughed and started to run towards me . I couldn't believe that I could hug her, that she was finally our.
Every time we met her before the adoption paper got singed , there was always the feeling of being afraid.
Afraid of her getting taken away. But now she was officially a part of our family .
Charlie waited until I was done hugging her and then  picked her up and hugged her too. We filled out the last papers and then we went home.

It was a weird feeling to get my daughter in the car.
A weird but beautiful feeling. We stopped at McDonalds and got us burgers and her an happy meal. I still couldn't believe it .
My daughter.
Our daughter.
She was so happy , giggling all the time. She told us about the things she likes :
Rainbows , unicorns , Wizards , everything that moves.

Charlie's POV
I let Emily help us lay the dishes on the table and then helped her on the chair . We got one of this kid chairs , which looks so adorable. We let her unwrap her gift from the happy meal first and then ate together . I could see how her cute little eyes seem to fall close after some time.
"Emily , are you tired ?"
I asked , mustering her. Understanding, that this day must have been so exhausting.
"Noooo."
She muffled while rubbing over her eyes.
"Mmh okay. How about Daddy and I read you a story in your bed ?"
Nick suggested . He probably also realized how tired the little girl is.
"But I don't want to sleep !"
Emily was already near tears , what made me want to cry too.
"You don't need to sleep . You just listen to it ."
Nick smiled at the little girl.
"It will be about a Princess."
I promised, hoping it would help the situation.
"Okay."
I smiled at Emily, until she turned towards me .
"Up."
She demanded . I started to laugh.
"Whatever is your wish , princess."
I picked her up and Nick and I helped her getting ready for bed . It didn't took long until she was asleep , probably because of all the things that happened today and I was just starting in aw at her.
"She's our daughter ."
I whispered , afraid to wake her up if I speak louder.
"Indeed , she is."
Nick smiled while hugging me from behind.